Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cerato LX
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

As you may have gathered from my past 2 posts, I am a complete newbie to car modding, but I really like the look of what some of you have done to your Kia's.

Could you possibly give me a couple of answers to what may appear to be stupid questions, but Igenuinely would like to know.

I have seen the front grilles altered and meshed, Is this just a case of cutting the bits off that you dont want, and then filling and painting? How do you hold the mesh in place?

How do you debadge the back, are the decals just stuck on?

I have a bonnet vent that I would like to fit without actually cutting the bonnet (just for decorative purposes) can anyone recommend an adhesive that will hold this in place?

many thanks

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
to mesh the bumper its best to take off the bumper to accomplish this. From there depending on what model car you have either take out the old grille or cut it out. (use a dremel) you wont need to paint anything uless you want the mesh colored. You can stick it there with either fiberglass, hot glue, that aluminum looking tape. a lot of wyas actually to hold it in place.

To debadge the car get some fishing line and bring youself out a heatgun or hairdrier heat up the emblims the use the fishing line in back of emblims and kinda use a saw motion to get off. You will still have some glue on car so bring some adhesive remover to get that off.

to get the hood scoop on get some 3m double sided tape should work.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2004 Cerato LX
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info, however one query. If I cut the centre bar out of the front grille, isn't the plastic a different colour underneath? or is the moulding the same colour all the way through. Sorry to be a pain asking things like this, but I need to know if I need to get paint, as I cannot get the paint without it being mixed to order, and I would like to do the whole project at the same time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts