Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi SE & 2004 Accord 2.2I-CDTI Exec
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mammoth strut post has got a bit too long IMHO.

My Sedona has definately got noisey front struts but its out of warranty and I'm just more interested in getting to the bottom of what precisely is causing the problem. My contribution to the strut topic is this drawing below.

Whatever it is , its not hazardous to the car as mine just passed its MOT test no probs.

Can anyone theorise on what component is actually faulty? :blush:

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
It's much better to leave all the information in one thread, it keeps that thread concise and if it's still being posted on at the top of the forum.

I just click on the last page button rather than trying to plough through everything else.

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi SE & 2004 Accord 2.2I-CDTI Exec
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know but it doesn't seem to be going along the avenue I wanted, i.e. looking for the route of the problem. Its path seems to more about the crash course with the US dealerships.

I know from my recent MOT notes ( it passed though ) that my front pads & discs were low, plus the anti-roll bar bushes are tired. I've already got some bushes off ebay and will do the job soon.

I was hoping to learn that a specific strut component was known to be defective and I would of happily done the job myself. I just didn't want to throw money at the car on the wrong parts trying to bugfix.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
You see I've got an old Renault Laguna which clonks in exactly the same way as they are describing, but I know what the problem is;

Part number 4 is worn out, it's a know issue on Lagunas and I've got some replacements coming in the post to sort it out.

The thing has done 140,000 miles tho, so clunks can be expected.

My guesses for the Sedona problem are either 4 or 5

what's the prize? ;)

·
Registered
'09 Kia Carnival, '10 Kia Grand Carnival
243 Posts
I'll take a punt & say it's either part # 7 - the bump stop or INTERNAL on part # 10 - the actual shock-absorber part of the strut. Why? Because yesterday on a 100 mile day-trip to the coast (rough "highway") our "clunk" was there for the first 30 mins then faded out as (I surmise) the oil in the shocker warmed up. It never came back. So far, anyway. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts