Kia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Been there morethan once...... I hear ya!! And feel your pain!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
..............................................................5 weeks.

...........sigh.

- Tum

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
Yeah. I talked to Mr. Reed a few days ago..... he said that they had issues with their Korean supplier and that, according to Bill, they finally received the payment from them on Thursday. He said that they should, hopefully, have my strut bar in by the end of this week................................
...................which is exactly what he said last week
...................and the week before that!

I am tired of this BS.... they keep leading me on that it is on its way and, when I call several days later to check on the status, they say it hasn't been sent yet.

If their Korean supplier gives them this much trouble, then they need a new supplier.

I was hoping to have my strut bar by last weekend so I could test it on the mountain roads there..... and I was hoping to have it by this weekend since I am going to the Kia-meet in Boone this coming Sunday.... so much for that.

Hopefully I will get my strut bar just in time to watch my car go past 100,000 miles and explode!

- Tum

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Youll be lucky 2..
Heres my worst case story.
Long time ago, probably 4 years ago, when kfx was kia-fx, I bought 1 of the first headers that was made. I paid like 400 for it and it took like 6 months to get the thing.
Its bad enough to find aftermarket goodies for these cars, you finally find some but are lucky to parts you order. Or you get lied to, told stories ect ect just to get things..

If you were a seller on ebay and did this youd have the worst feedback on ebay.... Its no wonder they dont expand there business to there. Cause they just couldnt do it..

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I am calling up Mr. Reed tomorrow.... He said that they would receive it today or yesterday. The status order is still the same...... so they either haven't gotten it or haven't shipped it.

If I don't receive the strut bar by the end of next week, I am calling up Mr. Hurlin and saying, "Screw it. Give me my money back so I can go and buy something that I am sure to get."

- Tum

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/22/2007 Shipped from our warehouse shipped 10-22-07 by USPS

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!! Took 'em long enough.... but it is on its way!!!! w00tles!!! I will hopefully (and they say) get it within 2-3 days.... so.... by the end of this week, I will have my strut bar installed and ready to tackle the mountain roads from Maggie Valley to Cherokee!

Thanks for all your help/sympathy, you guys.... I really appreciate it!

- Tum

·
Registered
54 Posts
Youll be lucky 2..
Heres my worst case story.
Long time ago, probably 4 years ago, when kfx was kia-fx, I bought 1 of the first headers that was made. I paid like 400 for it and it took like 6 months to get the thing.
Its bad enough to find aftermarket goodies for these cars, you finally find some but are lucky to parts you order. Or you get lied to, told stories ect ect just to get things..

If you were a seller on ebay and did this youd have the worst feedback on ebay.... Its no wonder they dont expand there business to there. Cause they just couldnt do it..
Rally,

Once again you have no idea what has happened and don't care, you just continue to bash, It turns out the strut bar cash was sitting in a Korean bank as my supplier had changed banks and they did not know what to do with a money transfer, They sat on it for over 3 weeks. I am sorry for the delay, you should have it mid week as it was shipped this morning.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
The point is bill, why do you continue to make people wait for product? If you have none in stock LIST it on your site that there will be a wait. Is that all that hard? No.
2nd Bill it dont matter whether its your supplier or you, people are buying off YOU not your supplier, so wouldnt it be nice if you ran the business right and stated that there will be a wait.
Would you go to the grocery store to get food, and pay for them thinking you could just get it then the store say awww wait its not in stock you gotta wait. same deal different senario...

You get the point?

If you would have simply said to this poor guy IN THE BEGINNING that it would be a few months I bet he could have put his 85 bucks to something worth while, while he waited..

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
The point is bill, why do you continue to make people wait for product? If you have none in stock LIST it on your site that there will be a wait. Is that all that hard? No.
2nd Bill it dont matter whether its your supplier or you, people are buying off YOU not your supplier, so wouldnt it be nice if you ran the business right and stated that there will be a wait.
Would you go to the grocery store to get food, and pay for them thinking you could just get it then the store say awww wait its not in stock you gotta wait. same deal different senario...

You get the point?

If you would have simply said to this poor guy IN THE BEGINNING that it would be a few months I bet he could have put his 85 bucks to something worth while, while he waited..
Very well put.....

Mr. Hurlin... I understand the wait.... I understand that it was circumstances beyond your control... I am simply upset that I had no way of knowing that I would have to wait so long. Simply putting "item not in stock" on the page would solve that problem! Instead, you kept me waiting for nearly 2 months while saying, "You will have it soon", or "the problem has been resolved...." for 1.... 2..... 3..... 4 weeks in a row!

I am glad that the problem is fixed and I will be ordering stuff from you guys in the future.... but you can guarantee that I won't be ordering any more performance parts from you guys... just badges, and the like, that you guys carry in stock most of the time.

I appreciate you working to resolve the problem.... you just need make sure to notify your customers of the issues before they pull their hair out.

- Tum

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am sorry for all of this, I really am, it is unfortunate that our suppliers are not able to keep items in stock either, we typically outsell them 5 to 1 and when we get rushes, we run out, the market is simply not there to stock more.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
That is fine and dandy... like I said.... I understand the problems! Just alter the order pages to show whether an item is in stock or not! It would save you guys a lot of head-aches and angry phone calls...

- Tum

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
That is fine and dandy... like I said.... I understand the problems! Just alter the order pages to show whether an item is in stock or not! It would save you guys a lot of head-aches and angry phone calls...

- Tum
Like Ive said many many many times over. 15 minutes of editing your site can save a hell of a lot of angry people...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
OK... I am officially pissed off again.....

I just called Mr. Reed to get a tracking number. According to their site, and Mr. Hurlin, my strut bar should have been here by today... Mr. Reed told me that they didn't have a tracking number, and that he had just shipped my strut bar off YESTERDAY!!! WTF? So I was lied to yet again? Why do I keep getting conflicting stories from everyone from KFX?

Mr. Reed said I should receive it by tomorrow.... which is a Friday.... not Wednesday or Thursday like I was told earlier this week. I am going on a trip tomorrow and, just like last week and the week before, I wanted my strut bar installed for the trip on the twisty mountain roads!

KFX has pissed me off yet again.... I thought that this whole mess was over... I guess not.

- Tum

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Well, my strut bar was waiting for me on my front porch when I got home Friday! w00tles!

I installed it and drove it around for a while to test it out. A nice bit of improvement... the car feels a bit tighter and more responsive. My under-steer seems to have been slightly reduced (tested my car on a slalom course) and I can feel the road a bit more. The bumpy roads feel bumpier and I can feel what my tires are doing a lot more.

So...... I am quite pleased right now..... even if I did have to wait NEARLY 6 WEEKS! Also, the bar itself is fugly... quite fugly actually..... but at least it is under the hood where nobody sees it.

Also, the bar was scratched all to hell (no padding of any sort, the parts were just sliding around in the box) and there are no instructions (not that I needed them)!

It took about 7 minutes to remove the 6 bolts from the strut towers and 4 minutes to install the strut bar.

Here is how I would rate it (10 is best)...

Shipping/packaging: 3
Aesthetics (how it looks): 5
Build quality: 9
Ease of install: 9
Effectiveness: 9
Value: 8

It ain't pretty, it took 6 weeks to get, it wasn't really worth 80 bucks (I could probably make my own for about 10 dollars), but I couldn't be happier....

- Tum

P.S. Will post pic-a-tures later today!

61 - 80 of 82 Posts