Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
kia rio sedan
102 Posts
well, i will buy it, i had some strut bars on others cars, and the dif betwen the car with it and without its notice it, also depends your suspension will help alot more.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
463 Posts
This is not a strut bar. This does not link up any part of your suspension layout. For it to do what it says it does it needs to connect the two strut/shock towers up.

This is a upper chassis brace not a strut bar. They do similar things but are different.

·
Registered
2017 KIA Forte5 SX, 2017 KIA Sportage EX Lux, 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 2m6
77 Posts
Was about to say the same thing as TJ.
Sure it doesn't connect to the suspension directly. But it does brace the engine compartment from flex when in a turn.

Which, in a way will stop the strut towers from slightly bending in. Which is what the upper strut bar does.

Would help tighten up steering on sharp turns, but not affect much in normal driving.

·
Registered
2013 Rio 5 EX White MT
105 Posts
Probably the closest thing we can get to a strut bar since our towers are hidden due to being so close to the cab.

·
Registered
kia rio sedan
102 Posts
ya, if you look we cant have a normal strut bar like other cars, so this, like mFury say, is the closet to a strut bar that we may get, and still do almost as one, also they have more bars for other parts of chassis so if you get 1 or 2 maybe 3 ir will improve a bunch and more if you will use your rio for races

·
Registered
kia rio sedan
102 Posts
hmmm my 1.4 didnt come with engine cover, but you can gte in contact with then, i talk to the guy and they respond almost right away

1 - 10 of 10 Posts