Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( I have a 2000 Kia Sephia. About 2 months ago the engine cut off while I was sitting at a light. There was no other indication of a problem and it started right back up,,, my mom told me that it was because the spark plug wires were old, and had gotten wet (it had been raining for several days). It didn't do it again for several weeks, so at the time, I just shrugged it off.... However, a few weeks later the engine started missing very badly and I took it to the dealership service dept. They found a bad spark plug. They changed the spark plugs, wires, and fuel filter. Two days later, it cut off again. This time, 3 times in one day. Since it was raining, I assumed that it had something to do with moisture, although, obviously not the now new wires... I took it back in, but of course, it would not cut off for them. They could find nothing wrong, though they said they checked everything "6 ways from sunday" I was told, the next step would be for them to take the electronics apart, which could leave me without my car for 2 weeks!!!!! It has happened a few times since then, when I am doing a 3 point turn, and at lights, however.. The engine sounds great, and it starts right back up, no problem. Since this is the car that takes me to work everyday, I am quite alarmed. Is there possibly a simpler answer? What does it sound like might be wrong?

Thanks in advance for anyone's opinion! :)

Jennifer

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
Originally posted by Sireenachao@Dec 29 2004, 11:22 PM
:( I have a 2000 Kia Sephia. About 2 months ago the engine cut off while I was sitting at a light. There was no other indication of a problem and it started right back up,,, my mom told me that it was because the spark plug wires were old, and had gotten wet (it had been raining for several days). It didn't do it again for several weeks, so at the time, I just shrugged it off.... However, a few weeks later the engine started missing very badly and I took it to the dealership service dept. They found a bad spark plug. They changed the spark plugs, wires, and fuel filter. Two days later, it cut off again. This time, 3 times in one day. Since it was raining, I assumed that it had something to do with moisture, although, obviously not the now new wires... I took it back in, but of course, it would not cut off for them. They could find nothing wrong, though they said they checked everything "6 ways from sunday" I was told, the next step would be for them to take the electronics apart, which could leave me without my car for 2 weeks!!!!! It has happened a few times since then, when I am doing a 3 point turn, and at lights, however.. The engine sounds great, and it starts right back up, no problem. Since this is the car that takes me to work everyday, I am quite alarmed. Is there possibly a simpler answer? What does it sound like might be wrong?

Thanks in advance for anyone's opinion! :)

Jennifer
well i would guess since it keeps comming back on there is a bad electrical connection somewheres.. first check all the grounds. then id check the coils.

hope this helps.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts