Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
First of all, sorry if I don’ use all the correct words, English is not my native language!

I hva a Kia e-soul, and a little while back, some strange markings appeared on the hood of my car. It’s nowhere else, just on the whole hood. I have tried washing in autowash, degreasing, and a product I got from a shop, after showing them the problem, and them trying different things. It looks like this worked at the shop, but it only looked different because the spot they used it was moist. After it dried, everything looked the same. (pictured under)

Nothing helps. The people at the car shop I went to had never seen anything like it, but they thought It might be some chemicals or something. They said it’s outside of the paint, so it should be possible toremove it. When you touch the car, there is a rouch feel to it, compared to the smooth feel of the rest of the car.

If anyone have any ideas, or has had this happen to themselves, I would be super happy for some tips to get it gone. It’s very frustrating, and I don’t know what to do. Thanks!

Here are some pictures of the problem:

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,113 Posts
Hello!
First of all, sorry if I don’ use all the correct words, English is not my native language!

I hva a Kia e-soul, and a little while back, some strange markings appeared on the hood of my car. It’s nowhere else, just on the whole hood. I have tried washing in autowash, degreasing, and a product I got from a shop, after showing them the problem, and them trying different things. It looks like this worked at the shop, but it only looked different because the spot they used it was moist. After it dried, everything looked the same. (pictured under)

Nothing helps. The people at the car shop I went to had never seen anything like it, but they thought It might be some chemicals or something. They said it’s outside of the paint, so it should be possible toremove it. When you touch the car, there is a rouch feel to it, compared to the smooth feel of the rest of the car.

If anyone have any ideas, or has had this happen to themselves, I would be super happy for some tips to get it gone. It’s very frustrating, and I don’t know what to do. Thanks!

Here are some pictures of the problem:
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
That looks like a right old mess. if your guarantees are still in place I would take it to the dealer and see what they say.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,113 Posts
That looks like a right old mess. if your guarantees are still in place I would take it to the dealer and see what they say.
That is certainly worth a try, but doubt that they will entertain warranty cover.

Read the Owners Manual section covering warranty, and you'll find that there isn't much cover on paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts