Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sportage LX AWD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to make the center console storage more organized? There's a lot of space in it but it'll probably end up like a trash can. :)

·
Registered
2013 Sportage EX AWD
10 Posts
I went to my local Bed Bath and Beyond store and found some plastic trays in the kitchen drawer organizer section that kind of help. They are almost exact size (width and length) of the center console opening and about 2" deep. I could probably find the sku, but a quick search online didn't list the ones that I found. I stacked two on top of each other. Helped me out a lot!

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX FWD
354 Posts
i stick a cube of tissues in mine and that takes up most of it. I have some more loose napkins (unused!), a head lamp, and some solar powered back up batteries like for a cell phone.

SECRET: You can lift up the bottom "carpet" and there is a hideyhole down there. Get some plastic wire cover stuff and even if someone found it (doubtful because carpet is hard to pick up, let alone with latex gloves on), they will think it's just a wire access thing.

On that note, my passengers would like to know WHY ISN'T AN AIR DUCT RUN THROUGH HERE KIA? Or at least run an accessory port, maybe a DC/AC adapter a la Matrix?

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX FWD
354 Posts
Ooh, i like that. I might have to see if i can get a wood cut out shelf made to fit the little tray lip like that. I never even realized that there was that lip on the back.

Now i am wondering where the factory molded shelf is?!?

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
Ooh, i like that. I might have to see if i can get a wood cut out shelf made to fit the little tray lip like that. I never even realized that there was that lip on the back.

Now i am wondering where the factory molded shelf is?!?
That lips seems to be a CD case that is on edge. It looks scorpiolx used some clear acrylic rods in the back corners to prop up the shelf.

·
Registered
2012 White Sportage LX 6 Spd MT and 2016 Honda HR-V LX CWT
34 Posts
Thanks Kia85k. Bluntman is right that was a CD case leaning in the back.
The shelf is made of plexiglass and wrap it with a foam sheet (both side). This has 2 purpose, to absorb noise vibration and movements of your things inside. The drilling of a hole in the middle serves as a handle when you want to lift it with your finger.
In the picture you see the thickness of the finish product. As you can see one side is black, and the other side is gray. Which make it reversible. I choose the gray side so the objects stands out more.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
2013 Sportage LX AWD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a really cool idea. Nicely done too.

Mine is an AT so it doesn't have that indent(?) for the hand brake in it but I got the idea. Will try something similar.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2013 Sportage LX AWD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That add-on "top shelf" is actually what I had in mind. I test drove Sonata when I was looking for new car and it comes with one.

Gotta find where I can get those. Thanks.

·
Registered
2013 Sportage LX AWD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I asked the eBay seller if the box will fit US 2013. And they are not sure:

Dear stephenju,

Hello

So sorry that we are not sure if it will fit your US version,
because there is some differece between US version and Korean
version.

So sorry about it.