Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've seen a few Sorento's around with the little red LED in the storage area right infront of the shifter. I took a look and it looks as if the light is there, but doesn't light up on mine.

Just wondering if mine is a blank or if all these Sorentos came with that red LED. Mine is a Early July 2011 build model.

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
it is EX V6 luxury or SX.. thats thonly one i can think off.. if they have led tails they have those...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is EX V6 luxury or SX.. thats thonly one i can think off.. if they have led tails they have those...
That's what I figured. EX Luxurys don't have LED tailights but have that little LED. SX's just have everything :(

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
yes ex luxury has led tails...!!!! well not in north america i think.. because there is no sx trim other than usa and canada for 2011-2013 kia sorento
before sx came out ex luxury is the only one with led tails.. some in europe and korea has led tails for their ex v6 luxury

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes ex luxury has led tails...!!!! well not in north america i think.. because there is no sx trim other than usa and canada for 2011-2013 kia sorento
before sx came out ex luxury is the only one with led tails.. some in europe and korea has led tails for their ex v6 luxury
Yeah here in canada you only get the LED tails on SX trim levels only :(

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX-V6 Luxery, 2010 Toyota Corolla XRS
26 Posts
Kobi, Rento is right, I got my EX-V6 Lux, they told me.. LED Tail light only on SX model.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
well what we can only do, is pud 25w led bulbs on the tails and reverse, turn signals.. (they are really bright and crisp) then tint with vinyl after because your sorentos are white... i love black and white color accents..

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well what we can only do, is pud 25w led bulbs on the tails and reverse, turn signals.. (they are really bright and crisp) then tint with vinyl after because your sorentos are white... i love black and white color accents..
I've got LED's in my tailights now. Unfortunately they arent nearly as bright as I wish they were, but they have an instant on/off rate...which I really like.

Still don't match up to the LED Tails that come on the SX's though. Im jealous :mad:

·
Registered
2011 Sorento V6 AWD
150 Posts
I thought led tails were on all models as mine is a 2011 awd V6 LX model and it does have led tail lights.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought led tails were on all models as mine is a 2011 awd V6 LX model and it does have led tail lights.
Post some pics please. SX's are the only Sorentos in north america that get the factory LED tails.

I thought mine were LEDs before but it's just the design of the housing.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I've got LED's in my tailights now. Unfortunately they arent nearly as bright as I wish they were, but they have an instant on/off rate...which I really like.

Still don't match up to the LED Tails that come on the SX's though. Im jealous :mad:
ok i have to take a pic.. the one that i have in my civic is 25w led.. its like comparing to a t10 to a 2357 bulb.. i have compared them before.. the brake (brighter filament) light for the halogen bulb is just normal light for the led, when you step on the brakes.. its 2-3x brighter got them in china its 22$ a pair for 1157 and 3157 7443 then resistors.. i also have the amber in my sorento for the rear turn signal..

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
ok, so it seems hard to believe unless you bought that second hand and it was rewired by the previous owner or purchased overseas? are your tail lights like this??

the only reason the EX V6 LUXURY in other countries has led tailights is that they dont have the sx trim (exclusive in north america trim only)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts