Kia Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
16" Wheels for trade

Yesterday I pulled off one of my wheel covers (hub caps) to verify these black 16" wheels. They indeed could be used as wheels without covers. It looks to me as if they might be made of aluminum??? because the center hub hole looked milled. All these wheels would need are wheel center covers for the hubs.

If anyone is interested in trading their 18" touring wheels for my 16" wheels and tires (500 miles on them) please pm me on here. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Indeed, those are the factory rims.....
Thanks for bringing up this issue....as I just removed the four plastic hub caps on my wife's '17 Niro!!! (I wonder if she'll even notice......!)
You should be aware aware, however, that the plastic wheel cover serves as the bearing dust cap on the front axle. Going to have to locate a 2-5/8" diameter dust cap now.....

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Indeed, those are the factory rims.....
Thanks for bringing up this issue....as I just removed the four plastic hub caps on my wife's '17 Niro!!! (I wonder if she'll even notice......!)
You should be aware aware, however, that the plastic wheel cover serves as the bearing dust cap on the front axle. Going to have to locate a 2-5/8" diameter dust cap now.....
Please take some pics of the Niro without wheel covers to post to the forum. Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
thats not the way it works. smaller diameter wheels offer quicker response and lower MPG. Larger diameter wheels, trade acceleration for greater MPG...
This is not a factual statement. Larger wheels don't equate to better MPG unless the gear ratios are optimized for the wheels they drive on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
thats not the way it works. smaller diameter wheels offer quicker response and lower MPG. Larger diameter wheels, trade acceleration for greater MPG...
It is a fact that the Niro 16 inch wheels with the Michelin Energy Saver tires offer better MPGs than the 18 inch wheels with the other michelin tires. First, the 16inch wheels/tire combo are low resistance tires then 18inch combo are not. The bigger the patch of tire coming into contact with the road the more resistance is created thus causing lower MPG. That is why low resistance tires are generally smaller. That is why the 18inch combo has more grip, but will produce less MPG. Look at the average MPG of the Niros with 16inch wheels/tire combo vs 18inch wheels/tire combo.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts