Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah it seems easy but wait until he starts the most grueling leg of his journey driving through Siberia and as the article states this has never been done before let alone using a stock vehicle of any kind moreover, on stock tires. Personally I think he’s going to do it. But one thing for sure it isn’t going to be easy.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, you're right man! It's going to be a gruelling challenge for the man and his Sorento SUV. Imagine using same platform that we are using now??? If he succeed which I believe he will, it will be our success too since we share same platform as him. I wonder which Sorento he will be using, gas or CRDi Sorento??? It's a great feat so Discovery Channel or National Geographic Channel should cover the journey. Sure KIA Motors badge will be a badge to reckon with after this feat. Goodluck to the man and his Sorento!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
THis will certainly be a great achievement and a lot of credibility to the Kia name if he makes it.

HOWEVER, for Kia to reap the benefits the marketing departments worldwide need to know how to focus attention on the achievement. Unfortunately, the Kia marketing department has not done a brilliant job so far (I'm still yet to see the significance a having a monster eat my Sorento - see the latest tv ad at kia.com.au )

And ****, beaten again - I was trying to think of a challenge that I could use to get Kia to give me a new car. Someone has already done a round Australia trip courtesy of Kia.

Maybe we could put together a multi-continent simultaneous challenge?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts