1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,508 Posts

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
https://www.thestar.com/autos/2017/10/21/kia-takes-it-up-a-notch-with-the-stinger.html

At the proving grounds, Kia also laid on several vehicles to which they feel the Stinger should be compared. What? A Korean company pitting their car up against the likes of Audi, BMW, and even a Porsche Panamera?
We were invited to back-to-back the Stinger against any of these. I won’t say the Stinger blew these bolides out of the water. The fact that it more than held its own was the point.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pretty much universal acclaim so far.

The only thing left for Kia to do is to get people into the dealership to buy it.

Cadenza seems to have a decent following, though. K900 is definitely struggling, although it could use a refresh similar to what the Cadenza got for 2017.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The only thing left for Kia to do is to get people into the dealership to buy it.
They need to get some over that can be driven by potential customers! My dealer called me yesterday saying they were going to be placing first-time orders today. I am not committing until I have driven one.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
... just spoke to him in person, and they actually want to know what I would buy so they can order it, but are not asking me to commit. If I don't buy it, they won't have any issue selling it!

Unfortunately, they have the official pricing but no confirmation of color choices, details on the packages, etc.

By the way, Kia web site updated for the stinger - I got excited until I realized that information isn't available there either..

·
Registered
15 Posts
... just spoke to him in person, and they actually want to know what I would buy so they can order it, but are not asking me to commit. If I don't buy it, they won't have any issue selling it!

Unfortunately, they have the official pricing but no confirmation of color choices, details on the packages, etc.

By the way, Kia web site updated for the stinger - I got excited until I realized that information isn't available there either..
FYI, build your own is up and running for the Stinger now.

Looks like Kia is doing the Nissan Maxima approach - each trim level is what you get and that's it. (Which I honestly like better than the fustercluck of packages they have for the Optima) Each trim level can be equipped with a $2000 drive wise package consisting of all the safety tech, which I think is a cool move.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts