Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Before we bought ours I checked with a couple of local dealers, hate surprises down the line. The first year was the cheapest, approx £160 then years 2, 4, 6 etc were the most expensive, approx £250. Years 3, 5, 7 etc were approx £200. This was for a diesel and not a petrol. From memory the 10 year one was the most expensive but since we will not have the car by then I will not worry.

One of the groups I checked with had serviced ours Fords for 12 years or so and I knew their tricks, wondered if he treated Kias the same. yes they did, cheap price for servicing but the price did not include all the scheduled items, they would ring and ask if you wanted them all doing (at additional cost of course). Local dealer (whose prices are above) quoted all in prices that included all the items on the Kia schedule and included the body and paint checks. The Ford/Kia dealer did not even use the correct spec oil.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
My 2nd service was £297 mate, so your £350 doesn't sound too bad!
If Ceed3 is right, maybe next year's won't be as bad, tho it includes the MOT so I'm expecting this ti rise every year tbh :(
Was half tempted to get something older & cheaper that doesn't have to be serviced by main dealer, but I guess £300/year for all faults & issues is a pretty good deal :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just had my 4 yr service done plus MOT (car has done 40K miles) it was £300 plus pennies. This is for an oil burner.

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd Sportswagon GT-line 1.6 CRDi (134bhp) Automatic 7spd-DCT
280 Posts
For my Nov 09 3 SW CRDi Manual, my first service was £157.07, the second year £247.14.
I hope to get my new 2 SW Automatic before the end of the month. I shall be taking advantage of the Kia Care 3 scheme.

"Exclusive offer to new cee'd Sportswagon customers.
Get great value servicing for your new Kia cee'd Sportswagon
To welcome you to the Kia family, we are offering an exclusive service package on your cee’d Sportswagon's first 3 services for £299 inc. VAT"

·
Registered
739 Posts
The car mainly changes oil, and filters on every service.
The extra comes when you need to change brake pads and discs. Other than that is always oil and filters.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The car mainly changes oil, and filters on every service.
The extra comes when you need to change brake pads and discs. Other than that is always oil and filters.
Quite a few differences between the even year services and the odd year services on the UK cars. The even year adds diesel filter, air filter and brake fluid plus one or 2 other minor bits, thats why the even year services are more expensive.

Brake pads and discs are not included in a scheduled service, they are charged seperately when required. No 2 drivers use their brakes the same or drive on the same roads thus there is no fixed schedule for brake part replacement.

·
Registered
Pro Ceed 2 1.6 CRDi (113)
182 Posts
Do none of your garages have service schemes where you pay monthly by direct debit? I pay £12 a month and that includes all aspects of serviceing, parts and labour and all stamps and checks of body work etc and M.O.T's. Spread out over the year it works out as £144. Cheap at half the price

Mind you I did take a 7 year package so maybe thats why it works out so much cheaper?

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd Sportswagon GT-line 1.6 CRDi (134bhp) Automatic 7spd-DCT
280 Posts
My Care 3 package will work out at less than £100 a year.

BTW my fully comp. insurance quote with £250 excess: £195. I'm happy :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Do none of your garages have service schemes where you pay monthly by direct debit?
Ours did, nearly took it out until I did the maths, £23 a month for 4 years, cost £1104. Cost of the services included was £860 on their menu in servicing. When I brought the discrepancy to their attention service dept. looked stunned and all sales could utter was "you are protected against price rises", £244 of protection.

Obviously people take out the scheme as its still on the menu.

The Kia scheme looks good, would take it out in a flash but the dealers scheme was a total rip off especially when you consider the company offering it was based off shore, what happens if they go bust and take your money with them.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Cee'd 2 - 124BHP 1.6petrol
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just took it to these guys for the first time, Hidsons never did, and I didnt really have time to get one setup with these guys.

Does anyone know what else is included in the "service kit"? I checked the paperwork and it has as part of the schedule "replace spark plugs" as being ticked, however, no invoice for them...?

·
Registered
Cee'd VR-7
391 Posts
Car servicing charges (for all makes) is a rip off we all suffer. After all, apart from when brake pads need renewing what else to they generally do? Change oil and filter, that's about it. £200 to £300 for that and a rubber stamp in the service log. However, I must not forget the vital topping up of the screen washer bottle!

·
Registered
Kia pro ceed 3 2013
271 Posts
Car servicing charges (for all makes) is a rip off we all suffer. After all, apart from when brake pads need renewing what else to they generally do? Change oil and filter, that's about it. £200 to £300 for that and a rubber stamp in the service log. However, I must not forget the vital topping up of the screen washer bottle!
I did better than that,they sprayed some form of oil on the door hinges. Oh! they never bothered to adjust the handbrake though.

·
Banned
130 Posts
Probably sprayed WD40, surely you made them adjust the handbrake. I have taken out the Kia Care 3 for £329 including MOT although unlikely to keep car more than 2 years. However the KIA rip off comes with changing the pollen Filter not included in Care -3 service schedule fortunately my friend with an earlier Ceed has told me buy a filter & change it yourself. simple drop down in the glove box either use a Kia filter or get a better one made that can be cleaned.

·
Registered
273 Posts
However the KIA rip off comes with changing the Air Filter not included in Care -3 service schedule fortunately my friend with an earlier Ceed has told me buy a filter & change it yourself. simple drop down in the glove box either use a Kia filter or get a better one made that can be cleaned.
That is not the air filter, its the pollen filter for the heating/ventilation system, its not on the service schedule because its easy to remove and remove the bits from, takes 2 minutes, do ours every couple of months. Should last years.

The air filter for the engine is included in the 2nd service if its the same as the earlier Ceed like ours.

·
Registered
Cee'd VR-7
391 Posts
That is not the air filter, its the pollen filter for the heating/ventilation system, its not on the service schedule because its easy to remove and remove the bits from, takes 2 minutes, do ours every couple of months. Should last years...
Good tip. :liebe011:

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
Another service rip off is the service intervals which are too short for high mileage drivers.

My last car was a Jeep Patriot 2.0 CRD. This was fitted with a VW/Audi PD engine. In the Jeep oil change interval was 10k. The same engine in Golf and SEAT Leon was 15k and in a Skoda 20k. I reckon this was based on what they could get away with for each brands typical owners. Another laugh was the parts prices. For exampke the oil filter it was twice as dear from an Audi dealer than a Skoda one. Jeep was about midway.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using AutoGuide App

·
Banned
130 Posts
That is not the air filter, its the pollen filter for the heating/ventilation system, its not on the service schedule because its easy to remove and remove the bits from, takes 2 minutes, do ours every couple of months. Should last years.

The air filter for the engine is included in the 2nd service if its the same as the earlier Ceed like ours.
Yes you are correct it is the pollen filter, However I am told that if the Dealer changes it there is a high charge. IMO opinion cleaning of pollen filter should be included in the Care-3 package.

·
Registered
Kia pro ceed 3 2013
271 Posts
Probably sprayed WD40, surely you made them adjust the handbrake. I have taken out the Kia Care 3 for £329 including MOT although unlikely to keep car more than 2 years. However the KIA rip off comes with changing the pollen Filter not included in Care -3 service schedule fortunately my friend with an earlier Ceed has told me buy a filter & change it yourself. simple drop down in the glove box either use a Kia filter or get a better one made that can be cleaned.
It looked like WD40, smelt like it, didn’t bother to taste it though. After collecting car after service I drove it away to do some shopping in the big city. Put the handbrake on then returned to the dealer. Profuse apologies but after experience of Kia’s sevice I said I would do it myself. Service manager offered another complete service whilst I watched. Impressive or desperate I know not. I now buy the service kit and take my car to Bosch. I realise when some ECU trouble hits I will have to return to Kia agent so he can stare at his computer and charge me for a new bit though. Life is hard.

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
Yes you are correct it is the pollen filter, However I am told that if the Dealer changes it there is a high charge. IMO opinion cleaning of pollen filter should be included in the Care-3 package.
Lots of heresay and "I am told" in your posts. Perhaps it would be better to stick to facts?

When i had my car serviced they called me and asked if i would like them to change the pollen filter as its not part of the service schedule and not in the price i agreed for the service. I said to go ahead and all i was charged was the price of the filter, nothing more. Cant really say fairer than that can they?

It cost me no more than if i bought it and changed it myself!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts