Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my sorento in for repaires to sat nav rear door hatch scratch on the dash and clock, the dealer told me to bring it back yesterday thursday 7/4/05 to have all the work done as they did not repair all faults last week,the clock is sill not done,these are on back order rear hatch needs a new micro switch which is also on order but they did repair the dash and a good job has been done cannot see where the mark had been he ordered a new sat nav and that was there but told him not to fit it as the car is going in next week for a pioneer sat nav with dvd player so if anybody would like to put in an offer for a brand new sat nav just post your offer on the forum must be uk only sorry all you colonials lol regards phil

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
:D Hi Phil, Sorry to here your bad expieriences ..... On a lighter note, you say you are having a Pioneer fitted. If it is the X1 you may well like to read the item I have posted re: in dash LCD ... may help you with the fitting !! If they do not move the cd holders to the 'above position' you will be unable to see the screen properly due to the half moon shape of the dash board. Have a nose at the pic's I added to my listing.
Cheers Mark
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Phil
What's the cost of a new Sat Nav unit ? Does it come with everything it needs to work ie the cd rom?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which sat nav doyou want the price of d4dek the pioneer is £1500 fitted the one that came with the sorento is £599 hope this helps and yes it does come with all the info cd roms and language cd phil

·
Registered
72 Posts
:p
Hi Phil
Hope the new fit is as good as mine ... look for the reversing camera on e.bay, costs about £35.00 inc P&P from China, arrived within 5 days!! It's simple plug n play into the brains of the unit, make sure it's mirror image & don't worry about the camera being colour ( black & white can see in the night, slightly, where as colour will not, unless they have an added night light/vision) I can't see any thing at night with mine but have no worries.I can see in the day & the best thing is you can have half screen ( i.e. see whats behind you, towing for instance, in one half then sat nav or controls for the audio in the other half )
Not sure what you mean by 'R' unit .... be interested to find out what the difference is between this & my avic - X1 .... can you shed any light ?
Once you get used to it, if you are half as pleased as I am with the unit you will be one very happy dude !!!
Be interested to know how you get on ?
Any questions please e.mail me direct : [email protected]
Kind regards
Mark
B)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts