Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at 37k miles now in my Borrego (EX-V6 4x4) with no problems thus far. Other than a headrest that must have been designed by an idiot, I cannot complain at all. Happy new year all.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego EX V6 4WD
17 Posts
I agree - I bought my Borrego used (EX 4x4, 3.8) with 21000 miles in March 2011, and I have a little over 38000 miles, and other than regular maintenance, a brake switch replaced under warranty, and a back door rattle getting fixed, I haven't had any problems. No strange noises (there are some rattles on the inside, but I drive some really rough roads) - I am really happy thus far.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego EX V8 2WD
111 Posts
Same here. Bought my EX V8 in May 2010 with 8,800 miles. Up to 29,000 now and can't complain. Just change the oil every 3-5k, rotate tires, and scheduled maintainence. Haven't had any issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
2014 Cadenza / 2009 Borrego Limited
49 Posts
I agree with you Rick. Other that a few minor problems which were taken care of by Justin at Kia of Union City with no questions asked. I have totaly enjoyed owning and driving the Borrego. Replaced the Hankook tires (not even close to being worn out) with Michelins at about 35K for better ride. I have a little over 41K on the Borrego (EX Limited V-8) now. Excellent full size SUV for the price paid! Carries everyone and pulls the boat to the lake with no problems... Happy New Year to all!

·
Registered
2009 Limited Borrego 2X4
26 Posts
I have 42,000 miles on my Borrego and am very happy. I did have to have my A/C condensor fan replaced and my navigation unit also. Both were covered under the warranty by Salazar Kia here in Arizona at no cost to me. This summer my family went on a 4,500 mile road trip up the West Coast up to Puget Sound, WA and all were very comfortable. I see several of you have replaced the Hankooks with Michelin tires. Is everyone still happy with their Michelins? I am still deciding if I should get the M/S tire or the touring Michelins. Any thoughts or additional input. Thanks

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego EX V6 4WD
17 Posts
The Michelin MS2's have done wonders for my Borrego. I am very, very happy with them - had them for about 5000 miles so far, and they've been pretty good.

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put michelin lattitude tours on my Borrego at ~12k. The ride versus the hankooks is night and day.

·
Registered
2018 Sportage SX | 2009 Borrego EX (gone)
206 Posts
Bought our silver V6 EX in 02/2009 and now have almost 60k on her. I recently bought 4 new Yokahama Geolander H/T-S G052s and I love them. Only a couple small issues and overall, VERY PLEASED with the SUV.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts