Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a repost from the OptimaForums.com website.

"Good morning folks, I have the greatest new's to start off for this week. And like the title says, YES~!!! it's finally here. There is a tune available for the 2.0T guy's. I had the pleasure with partnering up with Sterlin, and there release with the POWER PACK. The Power Pack is a reflash module that saves your original software onto the unit, and Sterlin gives you 3 open slots on what to program the unit with. They have a low octane tune, and 3 stages on high Octane tune. But to run the stage 3 tune, you are required to run Sterlin's Intercooler system, and Exhaust system.
But here is the better news. They brought down 5 modules from Korea, and we are excited to setup a dyno day for this Friday (11-9-2012) They are going to give out an Concept-3 special. They are retailing the unit in Korea for $900.00, but they are going to do the special at $700.00, but here is the better news, this won't just be a basic tune, but be an full custom tune for your car. So we will be tuning your car on the dyno, and you'll see before and after numbers. Also when we tested the system on our test car. All I can say is when I first took it around the block, and in first gear when the tires broke loose all the way up to redline. and coming back to the shop, to see that the car was able to leave both tire marks on the ground. WOWWW are in the process on finishing up a video to promote the tune, and the folks over at Sterlin F1. I give them all hands down on the great workman ship, and the knowledge these guy's have to back up everything there products says it can do. Here attached is an stage 2 tune. They claim that running a factory exhaust is able to make more power, then running an after market system, so we will be taking off our system, and returning it back to stock and be returning the car back on the dyno on the dyno day. And we will see if the factory exhaust actually helps out the turbo, and makes more power. Also if you are going to be signing up to this special there is an 3 requirements needed to be done before you are coming to get the tune, you'll need to make sure you are running 91 octane fuel from shell or 76. ( And afterwards those are the only companies you'll be able to run), 2nd, you need to change out your spark plugs to HKS 50003-M40XL. (these plugs provided the colder spark the additional boost is going to be required). and 3rd, is the oil will need to changed out to 5w-40 or 5w-50 to help with the additional heat that the turbo will produce and is required to help the engine with-stand the heat). So there is again 5 spots available

The location of the dyno will be held at Dynamic Autosports in Lake Forest. 20521 Teresita Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630. The dyno will be starting at 9:30 in the morning.

Also a deposit is required to save your spot on the dyno, so once confirmed we can set up a way to accept a way of payment. Thank you everybody and see you soon.

Please email me at [email protected] to reserve your spot or for any questions that you might have."

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 sportage sx
448 Posts
All I can say is when I first took it around the block, and in first gear when the tires broke loose all the way up to redline. and coming back to the shop, to see that the car was able to leave both tire marks on the ground.
I'm not exactly challenging your observations, just asking questions I'd like clarified. I have searched everywhere including the dealership to learn if the cars have both half shafts powered as a LSD or just the one-wheel drive right side.
Has your differential been modified in any way?
Viewing your A/F chart, the stock tune starts out nicely at 13:1 and then runs richer than 12:1 around 4250RPM.
The modified tune starts much leaner at 14:1 then dips below 13:1 above 4750. I'm assuming that's why the colder plugs, higher octane, their intercooler and exhaust are required in stage III.
Is that correct? What is the new boost PSI attained in stage III and how is that changed at the turbo linkage?

·
Registered
2017 sportage sx
448 Posts
Not smart marketing to post an info thread then ignore it and not respond to questions for two days.
Hurts your credibility.

·
Registered
13 Optima T-GDI, 08 Rondo, 06 Spectra, 04 Optima
110 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts