Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We have a 2006 Spectra5 and the stereo has latched onto the CD. It acts as though there isn't a CD in the player (pictured). Is there any way to force the CD out?

·
Registered
2008 Kia Spectra EX
7 Posts
I had my 2008 kia spectra EX do the same thing. What I did was take the radio out, pull the power plug and then put it back in. When I powered on the radio it had reset itself and the CD came back out on its own. I would think that if you pulled the - lead off of the battery and waited a few minutes and then put it back on the radio would do the same thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had my 2008 kia spectra EX do the same thing. What I did was take the radio out, pull the power plug and then put it back in. When I powered on the radio it had reset itself and the CD came back out on its own. I would think that if you pulled the - lead off of the battery and waited a few minutes and then put it back on the radio would do the same thing.
The old off/on repair. Worth trying. Thanks

·
Registered
08 Rondo Ex Lux
3 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2008 Rondo. I pulled the fuse to the stereo and it reset the stereo which allowed the cd to eject.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Disconnected the battery to replace the driver's side headlight (for the fifth time in six years) and when I reconnected it, my wife was able to get the CD out. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts