Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I'm looking for a stereo harness for the standard UVO unit, is the harness the same as the harness for 2009up that Metra has?

I'm planning to integrate a JL Cleansweep to keep the factory unit and don't want to cut/splice the factory harness.

Found Metra 70-7303 (female) 71-7303 (male) but don't know if these will work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I hope someone can shed some lights. Basically, I just need a harness that will let me use the speaker cables without having to cut/splice. I'm trying to feed the speaker out to the JL Audio Cleansweep.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX 4cyl AWD 2012 Sorento EX V6
148 Posts
I want to do pretty much the same thing:

Find 2 harnesses, one that can plug directly into the car speaker harness, and the other which can plug into the back of the UVO deck. I realize the speaker lines can be tapped or cut, but the dealer is very fussy so I would prefer no cuts to the wires.

The other thread being referenced is not being updated and I think those harnesses he received were pre-production and weren't 100%

·
Registered
2013 LX GDI AWD
40 Posts
I'm looking for the exact same thing

I want to do pretty much the same thing:

Find 2 harnesses, one that can plug directly into the car speaker harness, and the other which can plug into the back of the UVO deck. I realize the speaker lines can be tapped or cut, but the dealer is very fussy so I would prefer no cuts to the wires.

The other thread being referenced is not being updated and I think those harnesses he received were pre-production and weren't 100%

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I can't find anymore info so I ordered these parts. 70-303 is readily available but 71-303 (mail-reverse harness) is rare and expensive. Hopefully, these will work with my UVO head unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts