Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound lazy, but I got accustomed to the steering wheel mounted stereo controls on my Accord. I was wondering if it is possible to purchase these controls and mount them yourself. I have read on other posts that wiring for all options is already ran, is this true? Has anyone added these controls? Where could they be purchased? Any ideas would be helpful, thanks.

On a side note, the Sorento is one of the best vehicles I have owned. I enjoy every minute behind the wheel.

·
Registered
116 Posts
there is a DIY (do it yourself) tutorial on www.sorentosite.com You also may need to have an EX. im not 100% sure for that. I know it comes with the better stereo, the one that takes up the whole stereo area. Someone else hear may be able to answer u better, but id check out the DIY

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. It looks to have all the information to do this job. I don't know if it is a do it yourself though, I am not sure I want to mess with the airbag. At least I know the answers to some of my questions. Thanks.

One question still. Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Yes, I believe at least one person from sorentosite has done it. I think you can get the controls at customsorento.com, and there's a tutorial at sorentosite.com to go with it.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I took a look at the site and tutorial, great information. Still a couple of questions. I have a LX, is the wiring needed ran to the steering wheel? The other thing, in the tutorial it mentioned the use of glue to attach the controls, is that how the cruise controls are attached? Is there a more secure way to attach them? Thanks again for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts