Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It'sRear wheel drive, I need to know exactly how to jack it up so that the coils in the back will stay compressed etc. thanks

·
Registered
Caribou, Otter, Buffalo
2,689 Posts
With your lack of understanding the basic method of raising a vehicle, it is advisable to pass this job over to a competent individual.

Safety first.... Philip

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uhm no I def know how to raise a vehicle but since its the back shock I can't raise it by the frame because the coil might fall out if I take the shock off ;-) I just need to know for sure if I jack it up on the rear differential Maybe I should have worded it different.

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
As stated in your other post. Yes the rear differential or if you to do one wheel at a time jack it up on the axle tube an support.The weight of your car will keep the spring compressed. Than remove the shock.

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
Always use jack stands and block the front wheels to prevent rolling. The hardest part of this job is removing rusted nuts and bolts. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts