Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of help i had put brand new tires on a 2006 optima lx and no sign of belt shifted balanced and aligned had changed driver side wheel bearing because of it was bad and changed brake pads and rotors ball joints are good the bushings are not broke open and everything in the front end is tight no play in tie rods or ball joints . i had checked the CV axle but it had been replaced. i am in so need of help it sometimes vibrates at 45 to 75 and can not figure out what is causing this .

Thanx
Jon

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio Base 5 speed
5 Posts
I am having a similar issues.

At the moment I am suspecting it is my wheel balance but I have to wait to get them balanced. In town below 80 km/h it is fine. At 90km/h-130km/h there is vibration in the wheel and you feel it in the vehicle. Above that I don't feel it.

I would like to suggest getting the tires balanced again on a different machine. I don't know for sure if it will resolve the issue.

How much do the weights weigh? If one or more wheels are above 2.5g, rotate the tire so the heavy spot is more than 45 degrees away from where it was before and balance it again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts