Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone know if a steering wheel remote audio control unit is available for the Sedona?. I had one in my old Peugoet 307 and miss it !

Cheers

Malcolm

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Funnily enough its on of my most missed items from my old 1993 Espace (that and the cubby holes) I've got used to the indicator stalk being on the wrong side no problems at all but still have to remember to reach towards the radio rather than the control stalk.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i bought a kenwood head unit that came with a remote unit to fit on my steering wheel but the radio is at the wrong angle for the remote to work so i have it on my passenger headrest ...tried it on the roof and tried making brackets but ive gave up .. :gitara:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Seacam,

Either one, I dont mind, there are a few around for Clarion, etc, but none at all for JVC. A few years ago there were plenty but I suppose they stopped making them when car manufacturers built in their radios. I ran a pug 307 for a long while, and you really get used to the convenience !!

Cheers

Malcolm

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello Malcolm,

Under Sedona/Carnival section Page 4 there are two lengthy posts one is titled
Cd Player on the friz, the other CD player replacement.

Both have comments you may or may not find usefull.

As for myself I bought a new CD/MP3 player with an aux input,
the JVC KD-G611/2. I have yet to fit it, this came with a strap on S/W remote.

I know this remote is available on its own for other units.

Two sites usefull are,

lowcostcaraudio.co.uk
digitalsounddirect.com

On my surf travels I came across a link off another forum posted by a guy who claimed he had taken a remote stalk off a Hyundi, ( I think ), and fitted it to his Sedona 3.5.

He posted a picture, I was not impressed with his workmanship but thought it was neat he got it working.
Seacam

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seacam,
That has answered my question, the remote from your JVC ( RM RK-50 ) is compatible with the cd player in my sedona, I will be purchasing one very soon, only about £12 as well.

Cheers

Malcolm

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Prefer the space actually, I tow a caravan and the 307SW was ok but not quite big enough to get all the "necessary" (ie wife & Daughter's) stuff in. The Sedona is certainly big enough for that and even though I have not towed with it yet, seems like it is fine for that from other posts in this forum.

Malcolm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts