Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I figured out the only way to get the heated mirrors to work is by turning on the front window defogger

but I can't find a relevant switch to enable the steering wheel heater, which was supposed to be included in the SX and top en EX models, so where is it? :confused:

just trying to find out if mine is defective or not, as i don't think it's working even when i set the Environment to Auto, with front & real defogger on, and sit warmer enabled.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
The switch for the heated steering wheel is to the left of the wheel, on the dash. There is a picture of where the switch is in your owners manual as well.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
573 Posts
Isn't the mirrors on 'always ON' mode with regards to heating?

I'd like to leave the heated steering wheel ON with the heater on HIGH every time I power down the engine so the next day when I heat it up, the steering wheels is heated too.

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I probably might have over looked.

the last couple of days has got really chilly in the morning, and is not cold enough to wear gloves yet, but without a glove the steering wheel feels like a ice stick

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX,Shelby Cobra GT500,'12 Nissan Sentra,'09 Ford Focus
123 Posts
My heated steering wheel switch is on the left side of the steering column.
x2 once you turn it on it stays on for 30 min unless you shut it off manualy, it does get HOT after a few minutes I realy enjoy on COLD mornings...

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL :D

that dang little switch is sooooo well hidden, i had to refer back to the manual to find the exact location, even after you guys hinted it already.

that spot is too dangerous, it's right behind the thick spoke of the steering wheel at the column

you can't possibly see or feel it on normal driving, without leaning over under the steering wheel to find it.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
573 Posts
LOL :D

that dang little switch is sooooo well hidden, i had to refer back to the manual to find the exact location, even after you guys hinted it already.

that spot is too dangerous, it's right behind the thick spoke of the steering wheel at the column

you can't possibly see or feel it on normal driving, without leaning over under the steering wheel to find it.
This is how I tell that the heater in the wheel is on:

I look at the chrome door handle on my left and if I see a glint of yellow/orange light in it, means the heater is ON.

Other than feeling the wheel warmer than usual :)

·
Registered
2011 Sorento EX-V6 Luxury
7 Posts
is it only the 2012 models that have heated steering wheel? I am pretty sure mine doesnt have it and I have everything else, like nav system, back up camera, moon roof etc.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,539 Posts
is it only the 2012 models that have heated steering wheel? I am pretty sure mine doesnt have it and I have everything else, like nav system, back up camera, moon roof etc.
it was a new feature added to EX Luxury and SX trims for 2012.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts