Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving at highway speed and hitting rough spots in road I get a funny feeling in the steering wheel. it's not a really big thing it just give me a small feeling of not being fully in control for a second. :crying: Not a good feeling if you get my drift. I have not incurred this feeling in my older 82 Ford Bronco or any of my other Autos. Anyone else have this happen with their steering wheel. :unsure:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have you checked your tires to make sure they aren't over inflated?

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Make sure your tires are all balanced. Or something loose in the front end to where a certain speeds it affects it more than other speeds.

·
Banned
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really feel the suspension is poorly engineered with the power steering designed as it is. It is not a real problem at low speeds on a smooth road but shows it's ugly head when the going gets tough. :unsure: Anyway it's not a real big deal and I will keep watching it close and if things don't look a lot better it's bye!!bye!! Sorento. :angry:

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
The suspension, beleive it or not, was designed by Porsche. The Sorento is top heavy, so it is going to feel a little unstable the faster you go. Mine feels pretty stable, not quite like my car but still pretty stable. You may have a problem that the stealership needs to look at. If they say that it's normal and you disagree, ask to test drive a new one. They'll probably agree just for the chance that you might want to buy a new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts