Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sportage
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a place that I can order a new steering wheel emblem for a 2016 Kia Sportage? I was told by the Kia dealer that I would have to order an entirely new wheel (or airbag, I can't remember exactly), but I have gotten some bad info from them in the past so I figured that I would ask you all. Also if I can, is there anything specific that I should know when installing it? Thank you.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,666 Posts
You can get a "K" emblem (which is what I got), from eBay. I changed all of my emblems to this.... Be careful of the quality. Loden is good quality but slightly more expensive. Be sure the measurements are right for your 2016.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sportage
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can get a "K" emblem (which is what I got), from eBay. I changed all of my emblems to this.... Be careful of the quality. Loden is good quality but slightly more expensive. Be sure the measurements are right for your 2016.

Right on, thank you. Is there anything specific that I need to know about changing it out?

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,666 Posts
Right on, thank you. Is there anything specific that I need to know about changing it out?
Mine were overlays... You just clean the surface of the one you have with a little alcohol or glass cleaner to get a better stick. The emblem has self adhesive on the other side. If you're slow, it should take about a minute....

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sportage
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine were overlays... You just clean the surface of the one you have with a little alcohol or glass cleaner to get a better stick. The emblem has self adhesive on the other side. If you're slow, it should take about a minute....
I might need to completely replace mine, I'm not too sure what happened but the previous owner was pretty rough on it. Do you think that I could take the old one out and put an overlay on, or do you think that an overlay would stick if the old one is really caved in?

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,666 Posts
I might need to completely replace mine, I'm not too sure what happened but the previous owner was pretty rough on it. Do you think that I could take the old one out and put an overlay on, or do you think that an overlay would stick if the old one is really caved in?
The overlay is pretty sticky, so even if the original was cracked, as long as there is nothing sticking up from the surface, this should cover it just fine. I don't think the overlay will fit if you remove the original. I've had mine on for over three years in the Vegas heat, and it is just fine...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts