1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Rio 2012 1.2
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Not completely sure, but usually the wiring is already pre-installed, and you just need the steering wheel switch - and the wiring harness that plugs into the clock spring. The ECM controls the cruise, and I doubt they would differentiate the ECMs between Rios with and without cruise. Same goes for the clock spring and it's connector. My guess, if you can get the switch and steering wheel wiring harness, you can get factory cruise control. This was true for the audio control in my 06 Sedona LX. Once I installed the switch and proper harness, I had the audio remote.

·
Registered
Rio 2012 1.2
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pull out airbag and see connector.
The connector has 10 pin but only 7 use.
1 - horn
2,3 - trip and reset button
4,5 - illumination
6,7 - audio
Has someone an idea where the cruise control should be connected?
I'm watching on this diagram http://www.kia-forums.com/attachmen...90d1303046350t-diagram-needed-kia-audio-1.jpg but the cruise control have 3 connector.
Audio connectors and values ​​of resistors (in audio buttons) in Sportage are the same as in the Rio (I checked it)

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Yes, it sounds like the cruise switch would occupy those three pins. If you can purchase a switch, and the correct (10 pin) wiring harness, your cruise SHOULD work.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,928 Posts
The servo unit under the hood will not be there. It controls the throttle.
So you'll have to get that also.
Dave

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
2012+ Rio has ECM-controlled electronic throttle. I am basing it is a 2012+ Rio based on the steering wheel shown for sale when following the link the OP provided. The cruise control in your car should absolutely work if you install the steering wheel shown in the link. The harness will plug right into the clock spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts