Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 LX Sportage AWD Mineral/Silver; 2008 Suzuki Burgman 650
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2011 Kia Sportage (9,500 miles) in a couple of times for warranty repair regarding the steering wheel controls. They have changed the clock spring twice because the controls will go haywire/backwards when using the controls on the steering wheel. Volume up, and it goes down. Try and change mode or other controls on steering wheel and it goes backwards. In order to correct it I can hit/tap the steering wheel and the controls will go back to normal. Anyone had any problems like this and or ideas on how to repair?
Thanks,
JD
2011 KIA SPORTAGE LX AWD (9,632 miles)
MIINERAL SILVER/GRAY

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks biking,, I will let you know if they solve the problem. They want to put in another clock tension spring. LoL, this has been done twice already.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX AWD
6 Posts
My dealer has ordered the part they need (a clockspring) and swear it'll fix my problem. What happened after your most recent fix?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have yet taken it in. I have ask the dealer to contact Kia Factory Support directly before throwing in another clockspring to see if they may have some ideas.
The dealership is pretty far away and it is only a matter of time before the warranty repair induces another problem or damage to the car. I will certainly post anything as this saga continues. How bout you. Any Luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just took mine in for a more serious problem however, I did also ask them to check out my call buttons the send one sticks and ends up redialing people allot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Got mine back today. It seems to be repaired. The tech stated he used compressed air and blew out debris that was lodged behind switch.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep usposted my fix lasted a week. Hopefully yours will be longer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts