Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio base
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 kia rio base, Canada
Hi guys. A couple days ago I noticed that the Trip, reset and Cruise control buttons on the right side of the steering wheel aren't responsive. Pushing the cruise control button doesn't show up on the display. The only button that works on the right side of the steering wheel is the voice control. Any ideas what it could be for all these buttons to stop working at once? Thanks

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Hatchback Ex
2 Posts
I am having this exact same issue with my 2013 Kia Rio Hatchback. If you find the answer please share, as will I.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio, 2010 Mercedes Benz C300, 2005 Ponitiac GTO, 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT
1,122 Posts
Replace the buttons. Sometimes they just go bad.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio
92 Posts
2013 kia rio base, Canada
Hi guys. A couple days ago I noticed that the Trip, reset and Cruise control buttons on the right side of the steering wheel aren't responsive. Pushing the cruise control button doesn't show up on the display. The only button that works on the right side of the steering wheel is the voice control. Any ideas what it could be for all these buttons to stop working at once? Thanks
I don't think this is the problem but it is easy to check and not very time consuming so I would try taking the airbag off and checking if the connector has come loose. There is just one connector for each side of the steering wheel.

Here is a video that shows what is going on under the airbag ...

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio, 2010 Mercedes Benz C300, 2005 Ponitiac GTO, 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT
1,122 Posts
I don't think this is the problem but it is easy to check and not very time consuming so I would try taking the airbag off and checking if the connector has come loose. There is just one connector for each side of the steering wheel.
Unlikely because the connectors snap in tightly and have a tab that has to be pressed in in order to remove them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts