Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2013 Sorento 4 cyl GDI fwd pulled to the left from day one. Brought it in at 2,300 for my one time free alignment. Seemed okay but on a trip out east, it seemed to tire me out and I felt as though I was constantly fighting the pull on the steering wheel:mad: to both the right and left. Sometimes it would pull right with the road pitched left and vice versa. KIA will charge me to have another alignment job done, so I wonder if anybody else is experiencing this.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX V6 2020 Sportage EX AWD
42 Posts
Never heard of something that would cause a pull in BOTH directions. Sorentos seem to follow the crown of the road more than some cars.

·
Registered
Sorento LX 2013 V6 AWD
10 Posts
Sure, my Sorento 2013 LX V6 AWD have the exact same problem. On camber roads (inclination of the road), it pulls left or right (but more on the left) ... it is very annoying.

There are others that have the same problem. Make a search in this forum. In Canada there is no fix from Kia Canada since it is not a known problem. But in USA, some Sorento owners successfully got a fix.

When I got my Sorento, I reported this problem to my dealer. They sent the SUV to alignment ... and return it with the same problem. I got it back for another alignment and show them that the two front wheels were not aligned "visually" !!! They fix the alignment problem, but when the road is inclined to the left or the right, my Sorento is pulling.

I got very disappointed of my SUV ...

Where are you from ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm from Minnesota. With the KIA brand new and $2,800 miles on it, my fuel pump went out on our trip out east and a dealership in Toledo Ohio fixed it. A marvelous dealer that I wish was in Minnesota. Minnesota one doesn't seem to care that much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My friend has this problem.
It looks like the computer of the vehicle lost the key-code. (chip in the key with a code)
Apparently the computer of the vehicle will lose that code after being disconnected from the batteries more then a month.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento EX 2012
109 Posts
I'm from Minnesota. With the KIA brand new and $2,800 miles on it, my fuel pump went out on our trip out east and a dealership in Toledo Ohio fixed it. A marvelous dealer that I wish was in Minnesota. Minnesota one doesn't seem to care that much.
I am not sure where in MN you are from.. but the I too am from MN and have not had a single problem with the dealer I bought my Sorento from. They have dealt with me fairly and have even taken my word on a couple of minor things with out seeing the problem in person.
I am from the cities and the Dealer I am speaking of is the Brooklyn Pk Kia dealership. I like them.
Now to be fair I did take a trip this last August to Massachusetts and back in the Sorento and did not encounter a single problem. So no I did not go to the Dealership in Ohio either :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dealer is Barnett KIA in White Bear Lake. I may have to go to Brooklyn Park if no resolution. Any noises/rattles on the passenger side seemingly coming from one or both doors or glove compartment. With this 13" snowfall we had and the washerboard roads, the rattling was unbelievable. This should not be the case for a new vehicle.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento V6 AWD
150 Posts
My dealer is Barnett KIA in White Bear Lake. I may have to go to Brooklyn Park if no resolution. Any noises/rattles on the passenger side seemingly coming from one or both doors or glove compartment. With this 13" snowfall we had and the washerboard roads, the rattling was unbelievable. This should not be the case for a new vehicle.
Just be sure you have no loose items in your glove box or door that were causing the rattle before you bring it to the dealer. I had a rattle coming from my door and eventually found some loose stuff in the bottom of the door making the noise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts