Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 98 Sephia with automatic trans. Sometimes car will not start untill you wiggle gear shifter. I suspect the Trans range switch. Does anybody know where this switch is and what you have to do to get to it ?

Thanks

·
Memorial Super Moderator
2005 Kia Cerato LD [2L petrol] manual, 1986 Nissan Pulsar hatch
2,861 Posts
Welcome to the KIA forums.It will be the switch that prevents starting in gear, as you say or to do with loose gear stick.. I am not familiar with your model as to exact location of switch, but go to Kia Global Information System (KGIS) , free to register and use. Once registered go to Service info button and then into shop, then select model and you can view an online manual for free. great site just had major upgrade hence the long desciption I gave, any older members will see a huge improvement in how the site works. Many good things on the site explore and hope it helps you out. :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried going to the site you recomended but could not nail down where automatic trans range switch is. Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
99 Kia Sephia manual tran no p/s or a/c, 98 Subaru LegOB
137 Posts
Hmmm, I would try underneat the plastic center console surrounding the shifter....at least that's where it was in my 98 dodge neon....which may not help you at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts