Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone..I have a 2004 Sorento 3.5 2wd. Grinding noise at starting..teeth on flywheel and starter mangled. Replaced both starter and flywheel and still makes the noise. Need help...tired of dropping the transmission.

·
Registered
03 Kia Sorento
2 Posts
I have an 03 Kia Sorrento. The starter was making a grinding noise so I tried two more starters still did the same thing. I also tried shimming it . I noticed the flex plate was kind of chewed up and worn. So I just replace the flex plate followed by a 3rd starter. It’s still continuing to do the same thing I also tried shimming again that didn’t help. I am at a complete loss any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,447 Posts
I will respond to Mitchhorner. The OP has not responded in a year and a half. I was reminded in another thread about the same time frame and that the OP probably was not going to answer. Mitchhorner, your issue sounds like the one I had with a Ford Taurus. Every time I would turn L or R it made a sound like metal clanking. I finally narrowed it down to a starter bendix that would not hold the starter gear in tight. Each turn it would fly out and hit the starter ring on the flywheel. Just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,829 Posts
The OP has not responded in a year and a half.
Also, if you hover over the user name you'll when last the person visited the site, and get an idea if you're likely to get a response from them.

Willstov
Registered
Joined Jun 19, 2018
Last seen Jun 19, 2018

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,829 Posts
Same topic threads merged.

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,834 Posts
Also, if you hover over the user name you'll when last the person visited the site, and get an idea if you're likely to get a response from them.

Really? I only see the date they joined. Maybe you have superior powers compared to us mortals :eek:

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,447 Posts
gee6, I had noticed that Mitchhorner had started a different thread and responded to another about the same thing. I asked Ron to merge them so the responses would all be together.

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,834 Posts
gee6, I had noticed that Mitchhorner had started a different thread and responded to another about the same thing. I asked Ron to merge them so the responses would all be together.
I quoted ron1004 about seeing the last login date, but it didn't make it into the post. Not about merging, sorry. Edited now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts