Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Sportage, Sorento, Honda
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2014 Sorento LX AWD w/Convience, Premium and Leather packages. Is it just me or is there someone else who is tired of having to AGREE to the display screen every time you start the Sorento.
Is there any way to bypass that screen on start up?

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX (Canada)
120 Posts
I have a new 2014 Sorento LX AWD w/Convience, Premium and Leather packages. Is it just me or is there someone else who is tired of having to AGREE to the display screen every time you start the Sorento.
Is there any way to bypass that screen on start up?
Yeah, it is an annoying feature of Kia's that you have to get used to. Learned to live with it on my Forte before this... the dealer might be able to disable it for you I suppose?

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX-V6 Luxury
234 Posts
My understanding is that you only have to AGREE if you are using the Navigation function.
Previously I had a Magellan GPS that required the same.
It is there as per the companies' lawyers to protect from liability if someone is setting up while driving & gets into an accident.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same question

I have the same question. I spoke to my dealer and they said it cannot be turned off. I understand it is for the legal reasons but there should be a way to default to the radio and only see that screen whenever the nav functions are accessed.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX AWD V6 5 Pass, 2001 BMW 740 iL
21 Posts
It is the navigation and it's not just Kia. It is NHTSA trying to protect us from ourselves.

My BMW used to do it until I upgraded my nav computer with one that came out of Europe. Apparently, the Europeans are smarter than us - or maybe they just don't have as many lawyers...

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX 2.4 GDI
171 Posts
Mine, on the 2012, only is there for the Navigation screen. Don't leave your unit on nav when you shutoff/turn on the car. This way, if you don't use the nav, you won't have to agree...:D

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX- mine, 2012 Hyundai Azera- Mom's
79 Posts
Unfortunately you have to agree to it every time no matter what you are using. Even if I am just listening to the radio and not using navi I still have to hit agree before I can see anything else on the screen.

On my mom's 2012 Hyundai Azera you can use all of the touchscreen feature to change the radio without having to agree. You only get the agree screen when trying to use the nav.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento Ex V6
295 Posts
I use a portable GPS. It also has the "I agree" screen, but if I do not pay attention to it, it goes away by itself. (15 seconds) Evidently the KIA one will stay forever?

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX
7 Posts
My 2013 SX does it anytime I turn the radio off as the NAV system does not appear to turn off when the radio does. Even if I turn the radio back on I have to select the agree before to get rid of the screen.

Other than that it only appears when I use the NAV system.

I agree with the other posters - its is build in with the NAV software not anything in the KIA software.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts