Kia Forum banner

start from phone

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Metalmania82 
#1 ·
Today I started from phone for the first time, to my surprise it switched my driver profile and was running when I opened the door. what am I supposed to do at this point? drive off hit the start button or what?I thought the dealer told me it would shut off when I opened the door.

#6 ·
Funny story I also have a 2008 GMC Sierra, we got tones of snow one night so I used its remote start (keyfob) to get it warmed up before I was leaving for work. Got in started driving down the driveway and kept getting stuck and I was like what the hell backed back in the garage went to pull the key out and I hadn't ever put it in haha. put the key in and tried again and this time my 4wd was actually working because I had turned the truck on. All was well but I was surprised I could drive off without putting the key in and turning it. Live and learn I guess.
This is my first KIA, so I was unsure of how it works but I am very happy to hear it works the way I believe they all should.

#5 ·
I am pretty sure when I test drove it, the dealer used the keyfob to start it and when I opened the door is shut off and she said that is normal. My Toyota shut off when I opened the door and I always hated that didn't matter if I used fob or app it shut off as soon as I opened the door. On our honda, it stays running but we have to hit the brake and start button at the same time to override the remote start and drive off.

#10 ·
They were probably holding the key when you opened the door. I’m pretty sure if someone presses the door handle button, but doesn’t have the key it will open and shutoff if the key is in proximity.

#9 ·
FWIW, I have a 2020 Chevy Express work van, and when I remote start it, it does not shut off when I open the door and get in. But it has a key and requires you to put the key in and switch to the ON position before you can drive it. Apples & oranges, I know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.