Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
06 mitsubishi eclipce gt-se v6 106k miles , 00 sportage base 72,802 miles 2wd... purple...
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just replaced all 3 belts as there was one squeaky. it only squeaked at about 3500rpm. after replacing the belts( which were a bitch) and ones the engine gets up to temp it is still squeaky at about 4k rpm so is there a belt that is more prone the squeak?
is it the PS belt as it was hard to try to get tight when putting it back on?
it was not as tight as i had hoped it to be but i thought it was tight enough.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Probably - when I replaced that belt last time I had to use a small pry bar to put enough tension on the PS Pump / belt to get it near tight enough, from underneath, with the front shield guard off..

That's the belt I'd check first.

·
Registered
06 mitsubishi eclipce gt-se v6 106k miles , 00 sportage base 72,802 miles 2wd... purple...
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did use a pry bar on the back of the PS pump as it was the only place i could get enough leverage but it still doesnt seem that tight.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
it turns out that the power steering belt advance gave me was to big as i found out today when trying to tighten it up more as it was squeaking so i was about to just rip the damn belt of when i noticed the top bolt was all the way against the bracket and could go no more so i went back to advance and to my surprise it was a buck cheaper for the next smallest belt. when i get it on today ill let u guys know as to how it fits and give u the part # for future reference.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the new belt worked. the part is drive rite #30517 and its at advance for $2.99
and this is the power steering belt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts