Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello again. I've now done 8000km with my Rio and I'm quite satisfied. Now that it's cold outside, I can say the heating and defrosting are very fast, seats take a minute to get hot and I love it. No mechanical problems, breaking is very good and I'm still impressed by the overall comfort. Some things though: seems like my little beauty developed a habit of squeaking. The dash and the armrest on the driver door are most affected. Press gently the plastic and here it goes: squeaks squeaks. Do you have these noises in your Rio? Never had a car before with so many squeaks coming from the dash before. Should I mention this to the dealer? Or am I picky???;);)

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 SX UVO, 2012 Cadillac Escalade Ultra Luxury
116 Posts
I dont think you're picky... its just what we get for the car we picked. Its a great car, but we cant expect perfection at this price!

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
404 Posts
i have the same 2 squeaks.

dealer said there is nothing they can do about the door armrest.
there is a TSB about the dash rattling/squeaking, but since my VIN isn't in the affected range, there is nothing they can do for me... even though it is clearly the exact same problem that the TSB solves.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SX(Silver), 2010 Subaru Forester, 2004 Subaru Forester (Traded for RIO SX)
27 Posts
I have developed the same door squeak in the last 2 weeks, MY2012, SX Sedan. I noticed it when the temperatures dropped near the freezing mark. (My Subaru does the same thing.) I saw the TSB on the Dash rattle but never had issues with that all summer.

I would mention it to the dealer if you have the patience to leave it there and have them try to replicate it and then isolate the cause. I can live with it. I drive with the radio up a little loud anyhow. It's not like the only noise in the cabin and when I drive on the tollway the road manners improve dramatically. The SX tires and suspension don't soak up the pavement imperfections- you feel them all and that transmits more to the squeak.

·
Registered
Merc 280SE 1972; Kia Rio S 2012 1.4 petrol; Triumph Tiger Cub 1958
8 Posts
I don't expect leather, I don't expect the most cushioned or contoured seats, I don't expect my interior to look styled and fashionable, I don't expect to have a choice of colours and finishes. But I sure as heck expect it to function without basic design flaws like rattles.

They don't advertise new cars as being rattle free because one expects them to be in the first place ... and honestly if the interior is is so crap it's rattling shortly after purchase doesn't that scare the crap out of you when it comes to what's going on in the engine? Where is the quality line drawn?

Oh and in answer to the question - the only rattle or squeak (touch wood) in my Kia is my drink bottle in the door holder when I'm on a bumpy road (it's got 3000k's on it).

·
Registered
2012 Rio SLi 'Latte' 6AT 1.6GDi
126 Posts
The dash and the armrest on the driver door are most affected.
the dash really pisses me off! so much rattling :/

also, does anyone have the creaks coming from the tailgate/boot area? if so, has that been rectified?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts