Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a squeaking noise apparently from somewhere around the tires or rims? I have only 5k miles. Thanks ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
bhdorr --

I'm beginning to hear it too, at just under 5,000 km. How do you know it's coming from the tires and rims? I have the vague impression it's coming from the right side, somewhere in the passenger area, but it could very well be coming from the engine compartment, or the tires -- I had a blowout the other day so I had to change the right front tire, and I don't recall hearing the squeaking before then, so maybe they're related.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
44 Posts
have you got side bars fitted?

I had the same problem...thought it was the suspension...

turns out its a batch of side bars which have the fittings a few mm too long, they rub against the body as the car moves...

either take em off and file them down, or dowse on WD40 every now and again if you are lazy like me :blush:

·
Registered
56 Posts
radiobloke --

I saw your post on another thread, too, but I have no sidebars, to that eliminated the possibility. Thanks though.

A couple of ideas came in -- maybe it's the tire, and maybe the hook/latch that holds the hood down. I was all set to troubleshoot when I left work that day, but wouldn't you know it... the sound was gone. :grin:

At least I'll know what to check first if it does come back. And what to look out for if I put sidebars in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you hear it more from the rear?? Does it happen more when going slow speeds and making sharp turns?? If so it may be the normal operation of the differential. It can mimmick a whiniing type noise because the gears inside are not able to retract quick enough. Normal operation, I was told.

·
Registered
2005 Sorento ex v6 automatic
537 Posts
Originally posted by bhdorr@Nov 29 2004, 03:53 PM
Has anyone experienced a squeaking noise apparently from somewhere around the tires or rims? I have only 5k miles. Thanks ;)
i have a crunching/clicking noise comming from the rear wheel area when starting out, in both forward or reverse...very noticeable the dealer said "we can not duplacate the problem" BS! i am finding KIA warrenty SUCKS

·
Registered
2005 Sorento ex v6 automatic
537 Posts
Originally posted by ghostface37@Oct 6 2005, 02:37 PM
Can't warranty a repair when there is no repair to be made......
my dealer will not put any time in to any complaint unless a noise can be heard a great distance away!! or they have to see a part broken in two. they will not even spend a few minuets to look at it, they just say "could not duplacate"

when stopping from 65 mph the steering wheel shakes terribly "bad rotors" when apply ing the brakes, but the dealer said "could not duplacate"

i said, did you take it out on the road, he did not even answer me, he just said you would have to make an appt. with the area rep and test drive with him

this was one of three "could not duplacate" problems that they could not find that do exist

as i said, KIA warrenty SUCKS, doing warrenty repairs reduce profit !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ya that is terrible service. In regards to the pulsation when you are braking, you need to adress the rotors with either replacement or machining. I dont think they would cover that under warranty due to wear and tear. The noise how ever is something that must be duplicated in order to be repaired. Keep in mind that you drive the vehicle everyday and the dealer only has less than 1/2 an hour to try and duplicate all of your concerns. With that being said it still is no excuse to brush you off. I would ask to go for a ride with the shop forman, every shop should have an experienced technician for problems exactly like yours.

If you are wondering, yes, I do work in the industry. I drive a Kia but do I not work for them. Going on these boards and seeing people bash the service departments is interesting to me and the way some members here are being treated by other service departments makes me disgusted. I like to see what people are saying and how they are being treated so my employees dont't make the same mistakes or decissions. Like what most board members here say "the customer does always come first". But like any service industy it is a give and take relationship on both sides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts