Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little issue that I was wondering if anyone else is having...everytime you close my front doors you hear a squeak coming from the engine compartment...I tried rocking the truck from lifting up on the wheel well and same thing but you can't hear it if your in the Sorie...I'm thinking it might be a motor mount that might need lubing up...any thoughts...I hate going to the dealer without knowing for sure what the issue is. thanks guys and gals

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Have you got side tubes fotted?
on some the mounts were too long, and can rub on the body, causing all sorts of very odd squeaks and creaks.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you mean running boards or side steps then no...the sound is coming more out of the front end first I thought it was the hood protector but that turned out not to be...I keep working on it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anybody figure this out yet?

I'm beginning to hear a squeak also when I go over small bumps, seems to be coming from the right side, somewhere (it seems to me) in the vicinity of the passenger's side dash.

I don't have any bar mounts installed or anything. Could it be suspension related? It's usually when I go over the type of surface that causes the car to vibrate a little, that's when the squeak comes, as opposed to going over speed bumps, where the car bounces a bit, but I don't hear any squeaks.

It's beginning to drive me nuts, slowly. :p Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Check the inner fender. Have someone close the front door while you put some pressure around the inner fender.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Silly question, but which one is the inner fender?

And if it's quiet when I put pressure on it, does that mean it's causing the noise because it's loose? If so, what's the fix?

Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had the same squeak within the first 1000km, that was really anoying it sounded like if the car had 1000000km or more driven on bad roads.

The noise was fixed but at 5000km I noticed it again, so in the 10000km maintenance appointment, I yell out to the dealer who fixed the problem.

The noise came from the dash board, if you ask me what they did, I have no idea, however the noise, squeak is gone, I took the car off road and it didn't sound again.

Good luck

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
The inner fender is the black plastic thing behind your wheel. If it squeaks, I would just put something in there to make it stop. I haven't had this problem on the Sorento, but I did on a Dodge Magnum. It drove me nuts, so I just folded up a piece of paper and slid it in where no one would see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts