Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the wires for these are in place but I am not sure where the switch would go.
I have no idea where to get them as the local Kia dealer says they are not available.

I am talking about the small round recesses at the bottom on either side (shown in picture at top of page)

I would appreciate any feedback.

By the way I am getting the car up to scratch so I should end up with a good car and a real bargain.

:amen:

·
Registered
2005 Kia Carens
10 Posts
The switch for the front fog lights in a Carens LX (new) are on the centre console, to the right of the rear fog lights switch. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I suspected the Switch and wiring is there but no front fog lights are present where can I get a pair for the LE. I presume they are the same for most of the models.
I am in the UK and the car is a 54 plate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fog lamps

I'm in the Netherlands and have a 1.8 2003 LX (virutally same spec as UK LE version). If you do find the lamps and a switch please let me know. The wiring is also already present in my car, but the dealer is asking about €400 for the lamps, switch, installation and an "extra bit of wiring that's not already there"...

·
Registered
Kia Carens 2004
13 Posts
i'm from italy and i have a 2.0 crdi LX.The wiring is present in mine too.I've already placed the switch button and it's light is on.I just don't know where to place the relay. I payed the front fog lamps, switch and relay 200 euro.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Harco, according to my handbook the fuse for the front fog lamps is in the fuse-box under the hood, it's a 15A fuse marked "FOG LAMP", near the "HORN" relay. However, the book does not give a location for a relay for the front fog lamps.

Did you get your from a dealer or by mail order ? My local dealer quoted almost €400 to supply and fit these so I'm quite interested to do it myself if I can.

·
Registered
Kia Carens 2004
13 Posts
I bought all from a dealer. Now i have all the stuff. I hope this weekend will place everything in it's place. If you want, i can make some photos, so i can show step by step what to do.
The only problem is the relay. The dealer said that's necessary. I found where is placed the rear fog lamp relay, but no tracks for the front.
I'm waiting the answer from a guy, here in italy, that owns a carens. Hope he will help me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There's a bunch of relays behind the interior trim, below the steering column, in a LHD model, that's just infront of your left knee. In my LX there are about five empty places where relays could go. Perhaps it's one of those.
I'd love to see the photos of how you installed the lamps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts