Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - I'm a newbie but can't find my issue covered anywhere here. I have a 2005 Sorento EX on which the Sportmatic shifter has stopped down-shifting. It works OK from 1st gear thru 5 going up (ie: it holds the car in the selected gear until I press the + control) but won't come back down. I'm assuming the unit works on an electronic switch or solenoid but have looked in online parts manuals and cannot find anything that is obviously the part I need. Can anyone help, please.
Strangely enough, two years ago I bought my wife a 2010 Sportage 2wd on which the Sportmatic has never worked. I took it to the guy I bought it from and he said he and his wife had never used that function and didn't even know it existed.... not really surprising as the car had only done 20,000 miles around our small town in six years! I figure, however, that if it has the push-thru gate and the + and - logos that it must have sportmatic installed. Perhaps the controller is even interchangeable??? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
Philippines
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature
Done, though the Model and year were both in my original post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Cassie
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing