Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A pretty bad storm came through the DC region 2 nights ago. Came home from a movie to this scene. A tree on our 2012 EX! We lost the windshield, the piece of glass between the windshield & sunroof, the back tail light, and it damaged the hatch, but overall, the Sportage held up well. The full weight of the fallen tree was resting on the roof rail over the rear passenger-side seat, and there is no damage up there at all.

Still, a bummer that it will be in the body shop for a while :(

Attachments

·
Registered
Sorento KX4
400 Posts
Oh no! gutted for you, no one hurt but still sucks
Keep us posted on how you get on

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
Dude bro, that sucks. On a side note, you live in DC? Where at? And yes, that storm was nuts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! It could certainly be worse. I've seen pics of cars completely crushed by trees, so mine was rather minor. Adams Morgan here.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
Yikes! As others have said, glad no one was hurt. But, nice to see the Sportage safety cage/frame holds up as they say it does! I have 3 one year olds in that same car (same color too) and chose it based on reported safety ratings. Thanks for the pic and good luck with getting it fixed/replaced... Hope it's not a horrible process.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento, 2015 Honda Pilot. 2004 Honda Element, 2013 Triumph Speedmaster
31 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about this, and glad no one was hurt. Looks like the tree is protecting your Sportage from would be thieves! :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ooh, camoflage.

That kind of strength would be good in a rollover. Thanks for posting that result.

I hope the body shop fixes it right up. Maybe get some extras if the body shop provides them, so it's more of an upgrade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts