Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking for a workshop manual for a Kia Sportage.
I have a 1997 model, and am in Australia.

Anyone have an electronic copy? Anyone know where I can get one?

Specifically, I need the setup information for the Timing Belt.
Have snaped the timing belt, need to know how to align the cams, timing marks so I can replace it. etc etc.

However, as this vehicle is getting older and I tend to be fixing more stuff, would be really really handy to have the whole manual!!!

Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Send me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll forward you a PDF file explaining how to replace the timing belt on the DOHC engine.


I have the entire 1998 - 2000 Sportage shop manual and electrical manual on electronic copy but unfortunately it is left hand drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Hi Paul,

I too have a 97 Kia Sportage and am looking for an owner's manual. I have tried a Kia dealer and they are trying to track one down for me. Did you end up finding one?? If so, could you please let me know where you got it from??

Thanks,
Lisa G
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
hello,

could you send me the that pdf files of yours? The entire 1998-200 sportage shop manual also?

Thank you. ;)


Originally posted by Axe Man@Nov 17 2004, 03:41 AM
Send me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll forward you a PDF file explaining how to replace the timing belt on the DOHC engine.
I have the entire 1998 - 2000 Sportage shop manual and electrical manual on electronic copy but unfortunately it is left hand drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Has anyone else used this site - is it worthwhile? It is a subscription service, for Kia owners it it is $10.00/week 19.00/month and $79.00/year. They seem like a fair prices if I can download everything I need.

Originally posted by LOLO@Dec 6 2004, 05:20 AM
http://www.kiatechinfo.com/logon.aspx?url=%2fdefault.aspx%3f

please look on this site, and just register... you will find it very useful, it explained everything from dismantling and assemblying.

regard to you, hope this help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
I used it, when it was free. It is a good source of info for someone who doesn't have a shop manual. But since I do own a shop manual IMHO the price isn't worth it.

Originally posted by rtjones@Dec 19 2004, 10:24 PM
Has anyone else used this site - is it worthwhile? It is a subscription service, for Kia owners it it is $10.00/week 19.00/month and $79.00/year. They seem like a fair prices if I can download everything I need.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by lisag_13@Dec 1 2004, 03:21 PM
Hi Paul,

I too have a 97 Kia Sportage and am looking for an owner's manual. I have tried a Kia dealer and they are trying to track one down for me. Did you end up finding one?? If so, could you please let me know where you got it from??

Thanks,
Lisa G

No, I am yet to lay my hands on one.

Ended up replacing the Timming belt no problems withour one.
The Cam gears are quite well marked.

However' I am still keen to locate a workshop maual - I am having more problems with the beast, and would love to be able to look up appropriate specifications.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top