Kia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 sportage and it had a droopy sunvisor due to weak spring component. FYI...KIA offers a replacement kit for the pivot rod only. New visor = $86. Pivot rod kit (contains both left and right rods) = $1. Yes...you read that correctly...ONE DOLLAR! I don't know what years besides 2006 they are available for, but worth a check. Part number is: 82205-1F600LXQQK "Pivot Kit". They are available in grey and ????. Visor is easy to remove, but removing the pivot rod is not a no-brainer. The bracket must be turned 90 degrees from the mirror side and pulled out. There is a TSB out that explains it and has pictures. Simple and no tools...just not an obvious procedure. Hope this helps those that have droopy sunvisors!!!
Enjoy your KIAs... :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same droopy visor problem on my 2006 Sportage. I have the kit but can't remove the old pivot arm. I turned 90 degrees, but arm does not come out. Any ideas??
Please Help!! Very annoying!!

·
Registered
2007 Sportage 2L 2WD LX, 5spd manual, 160,000 kms
27 Posts
Okay. I had the same problem on a 2007.

Bottom line: If the TSB instructions do not work, you either replace the whole unit OR buy the pivots and then open up your old visor to get at the internals. To make a long story short, I had to whittle (yes sir, you read that correct) a bit of the new pivot in order to make it work.

Basically, the new pivot is prevented from coming out and going in by design so you have to shave it to get the new pivot to go into its sleeve.

I now have to resew the visor cover but that's 15 minutes of work.

STUPID DESIGN!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sportage sunvisor repair kit

I just installed the repair kit for the sun visors on a 2008 Sportage. After fighting with the drivers side for 30 minutes, I realized that you need to pull the old rod out with quite a bit of force. I had expected from the tsb instructions that the rod would just slide out. Also the new rod takes a equal amount of force to push in. The passenger side took maybe 10 minutes to replace. I hope this helps somone else. Also the kit for both sides cost $1 from the local Kia dealer!!

·
Registered
2008 Kia Sportage, 2013 Chevrolet Captiva
3 Posts
Thank you! I actually replaced the drivers side after it broke. I believe I understand droopy now as the passenger side stays up but not as tight as the new drivers side, will be calling my KIA dealer in the morning to tighten that one up!

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX, 2012 Sportage SX, 1989 Taurus SHO
289 Posts
That part number looks like the number for replacement parts they use for recalls. Just like when Hyundai had problems with sun visors a few years back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sunvisor Repair

Just finished installing the driver's side visor pivot arm on my 2008 Sportage. Been screwing with it for months, finally ordered the parts ($1. plus $12.50 shipping).

I was expecting a difficult change out after reading the TSB bulletion (http://bestpics.ru/full/TSB-BOD-068_LR.pdf) and the comments in this forum but I may have found a trick.

Following the TSB to put the pivot arm in the right position, I put the visor under my left arm, pushed the arm back into the visor with my right hand and pulled it out quickly. It popped right out. I put in the new one making sure to have it in the proper direction and it popped right in.

My trick was to hold the visor securely with my left arm and slide the pivot arm in and then out quickly.

I waited so long to try this because it sounded like a big deal so I am hoping that my trick will help someone else.

Have a nice day!

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's not for sale in the UK and none of the Kia parts people will ship a $1 part to the UK either. Anyone fancy selling me a pair inc postage via paypal? Actually, I haven't looked on ebay...

Nik

·
Registered
09 Kia sportage. 13 Mazda CX9, 05 Mazda6, 97 Mazda 626, 92 Probe GT Turbo.
169 Posts
I fixed mine like 6 months ago from the information in this thread. Swapped out the replacement arm in the parking lot of the dealer in maybe 3 minutes. It really couldnt have been easier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where to purchase Pivot arm repair Kit

Hey Guys, where did you order the Pivot Arm repair kits? I called the local dealer and he can't seem to find it.

Just finished installing the driver's side visor pivot arm on my 2008 Sportage. Been screwing with it for months, finally ordered the parts ($1. plus $12.50 shipping).

I was expecting a difficult change out after reading the TSB bulletion (http://bestpics.ru/full/TSB-BOD-068_LR.pdf) and the comments in this forum but I may have found a trick.

Following the TSB to put the pivot arm in the right position, I put the visor under my left arm, pushed the arm back into the visor with my right hand and pulled it out quickly. It popped right out. I put in the new one making sure to have it in the proper direction and it popped right in.

My trick was to hold the visor securely with my left arm and slide the pivot arm in and then out quickly.

I waited so long to try this because it sounded like a big deal so I am hoping that my trick will help someone else.

Have a nice day!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pivot Kit for sale

I ordered one of these and didn't realize that they come in a pair. So if anyone is interested I have a pair for sale, brand new in the package. I will ship anywhere in the world as long as you pay the postage. Text me on 928-271-5582.

·
Registered
09 Kia sportage. 13 Mazda CX9, 05 Mazda6, 97 Mazda 626, 92 Probe GT Turbo.
169 Posts
I gave my Kia dealership the part # listed in this thread, and it came right up in there system.

And yes, it is a kit, as in a pair of replacements. I only did my drivers side as that was the only side that failed. I tossed the other uninstalled one in the little storage tray in the spare tire well for future use.

·
Registered
2007;2008 and 2009 Sportage
1 Posts
sun visor

My sun visor slides out of the pivot arm, will I still be able to replace the pivot arm? it seems like there is a piece of the platic cover missing from the old arm, any ideas?

·
Registered
Sportage EX 2009
1 Posts
Kit for Sale

I ordered one of these and didn't realize that they come in a pair. So if anyone is interested I have a pair for sale, brand new in the package. I will ship anywhere in the world as long as you pay the postage. Text me on 928-271-5582.
Maz,

Do you still have the "extra" kit available for sale?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.