Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forum and didn't find any threads on this issue. I hope everyone is aware that there is an open recall on our seat belts. From what I've read, you click your seat belt closed but it's not really attached and will pop open. This happened to my daughter twice!

If you didn't have this done, call your local dealer and give them your VIN. I did, and for some stupid reason, none of the previous owners had this taken care of. I'm taking mine to the dealer tonite.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are different recalls for different years. Just Google "Kia Sportage Recalls" and choose your year/trim level. If the site want's you to register or pay, go on to the next one. This information is available free.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, that's the site I used. The best thing is to call your local dealer's service department (have your VIN in front of you) and ask them if there are any outstanding recalls on your vehicle.

My dealer asked me the VIN and how many miles were on my Sportage. That's all it took. I'm having them look at my rear doors, too.

·
Registered
98 Sportage/ previously 01 Sportage
330 Posts
Thank you for posting the information on the seat belt defect. I have a weakness in my right arm so I have to fasten the seat belt with my left. BUT most of the time, it pops un-done like I didn't fasten it at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts