Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 4WD 2.0 XE 6 speed, Fiat punto grande 1.2 active
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
The Diesel fillter was replaced as per a full service, in OCT this year 2012. now after running fine upuntil i had a no fault of my own side impact on the passenger side front wing and door (Left hand side as it's a RHD), the bugger will not start for the bodyshop where it has been for nearly 4 weeks??????????
Could it be a faulty fillter that is causing Weak preasure to the injectors so it wont start and run normaly ???? the Body shop are fitting a new filter and i have my fingers and everything else crossed that that is the problem, as i dont think the my insurance will cover this as it started when the bodyshop drove it down to there premisses ??? Im still going to hammer home that it ran fine before they drove it (which it did) and removed my old damaged wing ect, ect ect.
06 Sportage 2.0 138bhp 6 speed manual 50000 miles

·
Registered
2008 Kia Sportage 2.0; 2000 F150 Lariat 4X4; 2006 Chevy Trailblazer
57 Posts
sounds like a possible fuel pump inertia switch. Designed to shut off fuel pump in the event of a crash. Not sure if the diesels have that or not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tinman1,

Yeh i thought of that too but i dont think there is one on mine ???
cheers mate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4 weeks and a day later and i have finnaly got it back on my drive, apparently they took it to a Kia dealer and they said to change the diesel filter ??
that didnt work so they rang a Hyundi dealer and guess what ?? they said to clean the EGR valve out.
so there you go EGR valve's again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts