Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a Homelink mirror themselves in a 2017-2019 Sportage? I am installing one myself and I decided to tap into the overhead map lights wiring. The trouble is I have 3 wires to hook up (Hot, Ground, and Switched) and I don't know what to hook the Switched wire to. I tested the wires going to the lights and none of them seemed to be switched (tied to the ignition). The wires are:
black = ground
red = Hot
green = Hot
pink = which doesn't have voltage on it no matter if the ignition is on or not so I don't know yet what it's for.:blink:
Does anyone have any info (like a wiring diagram) on these wires?

Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installed

I did get the mirror installed. It's not necessary to hook up to a wire that's tied to the ignition if you're hooking up to the map lights wiring since the power to those gets turned off automatically a little while after you turn off the vehicle. I hooked up the Switched wire to the green 12v wire and everything has been working fine, though I did have to press and hold the compass button on the mirror until it went into GPS search mode for the first time (it took about 10 minutes to finally come back up with the correct direction). It's been working fine since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
karlh
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing