Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(

I am writing the forum to ask if anyone knows where the switch is to program remote keyless entry devices for the Kia Sportage, model year 2000. I have obtained instructions, but the location of this switch or button is still a mystery, and a well-kept secret by Kia service people. Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks, in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by RACofpa@Dec 16 2004, 07:32 AM
:(

I am writing the forum to ask if anyone knows where the switch is to program remote keyless entry devices for the Kia Sportage, model year 2000. I have obtained instructions, but the location of this switch or button is still a mystery, and a well-kept secret by Kia service people. Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks, in advance!

Hello, if you find out the answer to this mystery I would love to know also
we have the same problem!!! Everything is all set up but does not work and
of course it should.
Thanks Kia - yes my name is Kia and I drive a Kia.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I THINK there is a reset or program on the alarm module. But don't hold me to that. The electrical manuals I have are for prior year Sportages that had an alarm but not a remote.

The alarm module is physically located under the console in front of the shifter. You'll have to disassemble the bottom portion of the console/dash to get to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts