Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! What are some accessories you've installed. I have the Sportage r cup and door tray inserts, the chrome ac vent trim, a leather shift boot aftermarket. I have a 2015 lx, so no leather steering wheel. I bought a leather steering wheel cover. I have the Sportage limited door release stainless inserts and just purchased the silver skid plate front and rear. I know many of you don't like chrome, but I'm a Harley Davidson lover and like chrome, so I have the six piece chrome window trim installed too.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Depends on what you're going for, Weathertech makes some good products for in channel window visors, excellent all weather floor mats, and cargo covers. there are a couple of side step bars available from a few different manufacturers, there are also a couple roof racks/ luggage platforms that are pretty nice (my next endeavor). I even found a light bar specifically made for these models that actually looks decent. As far as performance goes there is not a ton of stuff available, but it is out there.

on my 2012 LX I traded in, I did a small 1.2" drop with H&R springs and KYB shocks, drilled and slotted PowerStop Z23 rotors and pads. Full Alpine Navigation/ in dash DVD, Apine PDX monoblock amplifier hidden in the cargo tray (600w RMS @ 4ohms) to (x2) 12" Alpine S-type subwoofers, and JBL MS-62C component speakers up front. I gutted the whole interior including the roof liner and installed ~72' of Dynamat extreme for sound damping. Now I have a 14 SX turbo so I'm looking at go fast bits. :cool:

Cheers! :beer: :gunsmilie:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Depends on what you're going for, Weathertech makes some good products for in channel window visors, excellent all weather floor mats, and cargo covers. there are a couple of side step bars available from a few different manufacturers, there are also a couple roof racks/ luggage platforms that are pretty nice (my next endeavor). I even found a light bar specifically made for these models that actually looks decent. As far as performance goes there is not a ton of stuff available, but it is out there.

on my 2012 LX I traded in, I did a small 1.2" drop with H&R springs and KYB shocks, drilled and slotted PowerStop Z23 rotors and pads. Full Alpine Navigation/ in dash DVD, Apine PDX monoblock amplifier hidden in the cargo tray (600w RMS @ 4ohms) to (x2) 12" Alpine S-type subwoofers, and JBL MS-62C component speakers up front. I gutted the whole interior including the roof liner and installed ~72' of Dynamat extreme for sound damping. Now I have a 14 SX turbo so I'm looking at go fast bits. :cool:

Cheers! :gunsmilie:
Did Weather Tech finally release the in-channel window visors? I signed up for a notification as to when they're available, but haven't received anything yet.

I need them for a 2018 Sportage.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
Did Weather Tech finally release the in-channel window visors? I signed up for a notification as to when they're available, but haven't received anything yet.

I need them for a 2018 Sportage.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
2018 is "QL" body style. I don't think they are available for the new body style yet.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I have installed a K&N filter, custom catback exhaust, blow off valve, H&R lowering springs, KYB struts, converted most of the interior lights to LED, ceramic tint, fog light covers, wheel spacers (15mm rear, 5mm front), removed all but the two Kia badges from the outside, HID conversion, Brakestech cross drilled rotors, Akebono pads, Falken tires...

Oh and the latest was throwing some carbon fiber accents on the interior:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pmmtJv7zZijGTEXDA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SXYhcraSKe8i3De4A

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7iVT7qVJ2JA4RN878

Turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have installed a K&N filter, custom catback exhaust, blow off valve, H&R lowering springs, KYB struts, converted most of the interior lights to LED, ceramic tint, fog light covers, wheel spacers (15mm rear, 5mm front), removed all but the two Kia badges from the outside, HID conversion, Brakestech cross drilled rotors, Akebono pads, Falken tires...

Oh and the latest was throwing some carbon fiber accents on the interior:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pmmtJv7zZijGTEXDA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SXYhcraSKe8i3De4A

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7iVT7qVJ2JA4RN878

Turned out pretty good.[/QUOTE. Looks good is that a carbon fiber kit from ebay? And what muffler did you go w looking to do mine soon?

·
Registered
843 Posts
The carbon fiber stuff was from eBay, I got some door panel protectors from Shark Racing which are nice as well.

I went with a Flowmaster 40 series, plus removed the resonator from the stock exhaust as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put in the rubber floor mats all around and cargo liner as well. Installed 6k LED headlights both low and high. Future items will be front and rear bumper diffusers and a set of wheels. Still clamoring over sizing though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
- OEM cargo tray liner
- WeatherTech front/rear floor liners
- WeatherTech in-channel window deflectors
- Curt trailer hitch
- Sony XAV-AX5000
- Rockford Fosgate P300-12 sub
- Off-brand back-up camera

I wouldn't mind running boards and/or a roof rack. But can't say I plan to do/add those or much else, especially for what I see either of those currently going for.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts

Cheers! 🍺 :gunsmilie:
Would you happen to have any idea who makes the light bar you mentioned!? I’ve been looking everywhere!

·
Super Moderator
9,538 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts