Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sportage 2.4 AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I don't' have a screen in my 2017 Sportage, and I would like to install one.

What's suitable screen size?

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage 2.4 AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I see that these things come in two standard sizes: single din and double din. Sportage 2017 looks like double din. Size figured out.

Now features.

I'm looking for the following features:
Excellent microphone (for phone calls)
Support for Android™ phones (Android auto)
Mirror link with Android
Supports steering wheel controls
Supports backup camera
GPS navigation
"Fast charge" USB port(s)
Sound nob (physical)
MP3 support

Optional:
Satellite radio

Recommendations?

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
979 Posts
I see that these things come in two standard sizes: single din and double din. Sportage 2017 looks like double din. Size figured out.

Now features.

I'm looking for the following features:
Excellent microphone (for phone calls)
Support for Android™ phones (Android auto)
Mirror link with Android
Supports steering wheel controls
Supports backup camera
GPS navigation
"Fast charge" USB port(s)
Sound nob (physical)
MP3 support

Optional:
Satellite radio

Recommendations?
Very few people change out the OEM stock head. Your best bet is to check out Crutchfield.com for heads that fit, installation packages, steering wheel control modules, features and reviews. Except for Mirror Link, I have all of these on my OEM stock head. I've installed high amp USB ports separately which is easy to do. I've used Crutchfield in the past, and they have always been great. You may have issues given that you are not from the USA, especially with navigation and maps. But doesn't Android Auto exist in your country? If so, that's not an

·
Registered
2017 AWD Sportage SX - Black / Beige
2,002 Posts
Very few people change out the OEM stock head. Your best bet is to check out Crutchfield.com for heads that fit, installation packages, steering wheel control modules, features and reviews. Except for Mirror Link, I have all of these on my OEM stock head. I've installed high amp USB ports separately which is easy to do. I've used Crutchfield in the past, and they have always been great. You may have issues given that you are not from the USA, especially with navigation and maps. But doesn't Android Auto exist in your country? If so, that's not an
i wonder if this is a matter of "changing out" the stock head as opposed to installing a new one where none previously existed? Sounds like it never had a display at all?

Does KIA sell sportages in some markets without any dash display at all such as we get?

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
979 Posts
i wonder if this is a matter of "changing out" the stock head as opposed to installing a new one where none previously existed? Sounds like it never had a display at all?

Does KIA sell sportages in some markets without any dash display at all such as we get?
Evidently, in Saudi Arabia, the Sportages do not come with either the 5" or 7" screen. There is a small screen for the radio and CD player. That said, the higher models do come with a screen and navigation. It looks like a double DIN unit would fit in the Sportage, but you'd also like to upgrade the speakers. Evidently, Android Auto is not active in Saudi Arabia, but you can get around this by manually installing the apk pack. I don't know if Google supports maps in Saudi Arabia, but that may be the issue as the kingdom is very private and Google has such things as satellite view where you can actually see things. My guess is that the built-in navigation apps do not have satellite view.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage 2.4 AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Evidently, in Saudi Arabia, the Sportages do not come with either the 5" or 7" screen. There is a small screen for the radio and CD player. That said, the higher models do come with a screen and navigation. It looks like a double DIN unit would fit in the Sportage, but you'd also like to upgrade the speakers. Evidently, Android Auto is not active in Saudi Arabia, but you can get around this by manually installing the apk pack. I don't know if Google supports maps in Saudi Arabia, but that may be the issue as the kingdom is very private and Google has such things as satellite view where you can actually see things. My guess is that the built-in navigation apps do not have satellite view.
Yes, my car came with a small screen for radio and CD player, and I would like to install a new screen. Double din as size.

But I've noticed that only some come with the decoration around the two airflow outlets beside the stereo (See Here), while the majority do not include the decoration.

Will it be possible to buy a quality screen (like Pioneer), and use the existing decoration?

·
Registered
2017 Sportage 2.4 AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope that someone can shed some light about this question:

Will it be possible to buy a double din stereo (without airflow decoration), and use the existing decoration?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,618 Posts
Hope that someone can shed some light about this question:

Will it be possible to buy a double din stereo (without airflow decoration), and use the existing decoration?
Have you tried the below suggestion?
Very few people change out the OEM stock head. Your best bet is to check out Crutchfield.com for heads that fit, installation packages, steering wheel control modules, features and reviews.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage 2.4 AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all guys for your contributions and help.

I've seen compatible stereos in Crutchfield.com, but none with the decoration, so I'm still worried about buying a stereo and fitting it in current decoration.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
979 Posts
Yes, my car came with a small screen for radio and CD player, and I would like to install a new screen. Double din as size.

But I've noticed that only some come with the decoration around the two airflow outlets beside the stereo (See Here), while the majority do not include the decoration.

Will it be possible to buy a quality screen (like Pioneer), and use the existing decoration?
Don't know. Double DIN is 180 x 100.3 mm. Measure your opening and you will

·
Registered
2017 Sportage 2.4 AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks rvoll,

Double din will fit, but the decoration around it is what I'm worried about.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
979 Posts
Thanks rvoll,

Double din will fit, but the decoration around it is what I'm worried about.
I don't understand. If the "decoration" is around the space for the double DIN, it should be fine. If it included in the space for the double DIN, then it isn't. Again, you should call Crutchfield. I don't know why you aren't doing that....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts