Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rent a Sportage 2014 last year in Las Vegas and it left me a good impression. I am interested in the sportage 2015. I did some research online and checked some deals shared by others in autopriceshare.com. I got the quotas from autopriceshare dealers and test-drived two models.
Compared with LX FWD, the AWD version is more powerful. However, my main concerns is the fuel economy. What is the MPG of LX AWD and how about its reliability?
In addition, are these two deals good? Do I need to bargain more? Sportage 2015 LX AWD($21661), Sportage 2015 LX 2WD($20332)
Sorry for so many questions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Compared with LX FWD, the AWD version is more powerful.
i think in the LX trim they're all the same engine.

its just that the AWD will give you power to all 4 wheels when accelerating on wet, slippery roads.

those prices are less than the MSRP. if you go at the end of the month, end of the week, they may go a little bit lower to get the sales and cash in the bank.

·
Registered
210 Posts
new sportage will be coming August in Korea. completely new one. that's why Kia starts to sell this one cheap for removing all stock.

·
Registered
297 Posts
LX AWD here, just a month under 1 year old - very pleased with it.
Engines are same - 2.4L GDI. One gets a few extra features here in Canada when getting AWD vs plain LX. Very easy and cheap to maintain too, spent CAD$161 (after tax etc) with 3 synth oil changes, cabin and engine air filters and oil filters, Techron Conc Plus on every oil change; in 1 year. Techron makes little diff as it's a GDI engine. 89 oct (US/Can) gas does make difference due to engine compression rate. 4-5k miles oil changes would be good to do if considering keeping the vehcl for long while. Using Penn Platinum to keep engine clean. Walmart (US) has it fairly cheap.
Gas mileage improved a lot and is better than what they claim in specs, after 10K mi break in.
I get 7.5L on hwy and 11.5L in city per 100km.
The vehcl proved to be reliable. Had one small issue with one wheel audio controls switch 'loosing' 'click' feeling that was replaced under warranty; very easy to do too - had to tell them how to thou as they wanted to take wheel off...
Personally, I'd NOT advise getting new Sportage in first 1-2 years of production, just as any manuf new model at change over. Also, check the styling too, one may or may not like the new style looks.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The decision on AWD should be determined by whether you expect snow. The engines are the same. The AWD will cost more up front and have slightly lower gas mileage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I rent a Sportage 2014 last year in Las Vegas and it left me a good impression. I am interested in the sportage 2015. I did some research online and checked some deals shared by others in autopriceshare.com. I got the quotas from autopriceshare dealers and test-drived two models.
Compared with LX FWD, the AWD version is more powerful. However, my main concerns is the fuel economy. What is the MPG of LX AWD and how about its reliability?
In addition, are these two deals good? Do I need to bargain more? Sportage 2015 LX AWD($21661), Sportage 2015 LX 2WD($20332)
Sorry for so many questions. Thanks in advance.
21,661 is a great price for the AWD LX. I just bought the AWD LX in black cherry. Base package, only floor mats & cargo net for 22,000 out the door from Jerry Seiner in Salt Lake City. It is a very good price. I'm in Montana and I couldn't get anywhere near that price locally. Of course I don't have the "popular package" or Uvo but that's fine, I plan on getting all that extra stuff aftermarket anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
watsonstudios
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing