Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the above vehicle and have an intermittent knocking from the rear left wheel area.
I took it to the local dealer (Durban South Africa) who could not find anything wrong. Yet the knocking is still there. I have heard that other Kia's also have this problem. Anyone out there who can help. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the above vehicle and have an intermittent knocking from the rear left wheel area.
I took it to the local dealer (Durban South Africa) who could not find anything wrong. Yet the knocking is still there. I have heard that other Kia's also have this problem. Anyone out there who can help. Thanks, Mike
Hi Mike,
My wife has a similar problem with the KIA Sportage 4x4, 2 Liter Diesel and the dealers just don't know how to fix it. In her case it appears that the left rear brake caliper has became more loose, than the rear right side. However both are an irritating knocking noise when driving on an uneven road.

If you find a dealer in the Durban area who can fix it, I will tell the George dealer to make contact with them. All what they do in her case is toi "grease it" . Not a very good solution for a car which gives such a pleasure (She did sofar 80.000 km)
Mike, if you have solved your problem let me know.
Bert

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
Check out the sticky on 2generaton 2005 - 2011 about rear end noise.
Hope this helps also good reading.
chief

1 - 3 of 3 Posts