Kia Forum banner
61 - 80 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
21 Sorento X-Line
24 Posts
I just reported it to Kia while I’m in for an oil change. I will say the other issue I have is related to turning into areas where I have to brake while turning, but from low speed, and it’s like the ABS gets triggered hitting a bump in that scenario also. I can feel the brake pedal immediately vibrate as it kicks in until I come to a complete stop. Across the board it seems like the TCS and ABS are too sensitive to certain bumps and then the reaction by the system to mitigate it is overly aggressive and intrusive.
Yeah, Roger that on thea ultra sensitive ABS. Had it while driving slowly and carefully.
Haven't had the TCS problem yet, but can see how that would happen.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento XLine
2 Posts
Had it happen when going over a rough railroad track. It is in an isolated area. I need to go back to see if I can replicate. The Traction control kicked in and loss of power.

Also, watch this review. I think it happened to him when driving on gravel road. Starting at about 16 minute mark.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX X-Line
93 Posts
You may not want to post that link since it's specific to you, hence the gobbledygook after the base url, and which shows this error if you remove it:

Could you tell us how you got them to send it though? We should all get our own personalized links so that Kia has as many data points as possible.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX X-Line
93 Posts
Also, watch this review. I think it happened to him when driving on gravel road. Starting at about 16 minute mark.
Yeah, it totally did (go to 16:16). You can see the TCS light start blinking.

I had it happen again a few days ago under similar circumstances. Was going uphill fairly slowly on a bumpy road, then the TCS light came on, and then power was cut nearly 100%.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento SX Prestige 2021
133 Posts
Oh. I actually didn’t do anything, I just got it and thought of this thread. I have a lot of complaints about the car but this issue really irks me because it’s dangerous. I’ve had near accidents because of it.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX X-Line
93 Posts
Ah ok, thanks. Just to clarify, if people respond to your link it'll be like you yourself responding multiple times, if they even allow that (most surveys don't).

Hopefully we'll all get our own links. I just followed up with corporate's twitter account, because they never called me about the issue like they said they would. I also asked them to email me the survey as well.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige - X-Line (a mouth full)
155 Posts
I read the last posts this morning and then got a survey from Kia later in the morning. I completed the survey and let them know of a handful of complaints and issues but began telling about this issue with, "DANGER...".
If anyone has an accident due to the loss of power, Kia can't claim they didn't know about the issue.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
206 Posts
Oh. I actually didn’t do anything, I just got it and thought of this thread. I have a lot of complaints about the car but this issue really irks me because it’s dangerous. I’ve had near accidents because of it.
It's one thing for a carb to bog a bit (no carb here, so nope), or hesitate on a downshift, but a delay of THAT long (as seen in the video review) is terrifying to me. Shouldn't happen. Period.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX X-Line
93 Posts
Hopefully we'll all get our own links. I just followed up with corporate's twitter account, because they never called me about the issue like they said they would. I also asked them to email me the survey as well.
Got my link as well after contacting them on twitter again. Hope these responses help/force them come up with a fix.

·
Registered
'21 Kia Sorento SX, '03 VW GTI
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I’ve learned to manage it since starting the post. I’m glad (but NOT) to hear others have the issue. Glad that I’m not crazy but a bit frustrated that this issue is putting us in potential danger. I have not heard anything from the NHTSA.

Also, have any of you been invited the survey teams meetings??

This is my first Kia and thought I was getting away from Euro gremlins, but I guess I have Korean gremlins now. This issue plus some other minor things have me considering making a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is my first Kia and thought I was getting away from Euro gremlins, but I guess I have Korean gremlins now. This issue plus some other minor things have me considering making a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m looking to trade mine in, too. Went from a Volvo XC40 to the Sorento - thought I was getting a great deal with a bigger vehicle for about the same price. The minor details add up and this one major issue just put the nail in the coffin.

·
Registered
133 Posts
^ YES that’s exactly it. it happens during a turn, literally dies on you for a second. you react by taking your foot off the pedal then try again and the pedal is just dead.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX X-Line in Sparking Silver and 2019 Hyundai Tucson Sport in White
95 Posts
Yeah, I think that's was we all experience when we drive over potholes at a slow speed. I haven't had it happen in a month but it's not fun when it does happen and you are caught off guard.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
206 Posts
I guess in theory it makes sense. The car is detecting wheel spin so it either goes up a gear or automates a feathering of the throttle. But if it’s doing that on normal driving conditions ie: hitting a small pothole when making a turn into traffic, it’s very dangerous.
Is there a way to disengage the TCS on the x line? I wonder what that would do to mitigate the sudden loss of power. I know years ago disengaging TCS on some cars just changed gear ratios to seek a higher gear, thus zero power available for the first 50 feet or so.

idk, the more people speak up about this the more i fear Kia might have a serious problem on their hands if they don’t take steps to correct it soon. The six speed in the hybrid is lazy as hell, and maybe it’s partially due to the car deciding whether to use gas or battery, but it’s never put me in any danger and only really gets lost slowing down

·
Registered
2021 Sorento Sx X-Line
11 Posts
This has happened to me a few times since I got the car a few months ago. I've recently just started to turn the traction control off every time I get in the car. The tcs button is on the left near the tailgate button. I'd rather have it off than risk being dead in the water for like 4-5 seconds. The awd feels better without tcs on imo. I've literally almost been t-boned when it kicked on in the middle of an average speed turn. And all there was in the intersection was a small dip ...

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX X-Line
93 Posts
idk, the more people speak up about this the more i fear Kia might have a serious problem on their hands if they don’t take steps to correct it soon.
Everyone that experiences it should be contacting Kia corporate either by phone, email, or social media, as well going into detail about it when they get that quality survey.

I don't know if that'll be sufficient, though, because when I spoke to them they didn't seem to know what to make of it, and said (shocker) to go see the dealer. I explained that seeing the dealer wouldn't solve anything since it can't be recreated at will, nor would it throw any kind of fault code. As far as the car's ECU is concerned, TCS is doing when it should be doing...which is, of course, exactly the problem.

I still need to stock up on oil and air filters, though, so I'll speak to the service department about it then. I just haaaaaaaate having these kinds of discussions with them, because if they don't already know about it, it'll come off like the stereotypical clueless car owner apparently spewing nonsense.

Reactions: Lou O.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I rewatched that car video- at 14:40 you can hear the car just go quiet right after he turned. I’m so glad he was able to catch that on video.

61 - 80 of 137 Posts